Greetings from AutTheWizard! (NOT heroben3!)

Edit: somehow the first couple sentences got cut off. I have added them back.

Hello! I have actually been a Forums user for a while now. But I used different account called “antion.” I made that account and this account when I was about 13-14. I am now 18 years old and decided to move back to my OG account. I am more than aware of how stupid this accounts username is. But unfortunately as far as I can tell there is no way to change it. If this is wrong please let me know, it would be much appreciated. Anyways, I go by the username “AutTheWizard” now.

First things first, my name is Benjamin. I prefer to just be called “Ben.” Jumping right into the deep end, I am diagnosed with mid-spectrum autism. I am not ashamed whatsoever to admit this. It is something that I struggle with every day, but I always do my best anyways. If any of you are wondering, the “Aut” in my name does stand for Autism. It is meant to subtly include a part of who I am in my username without just screaming “I’m autistic!” into the air. I have it in my username to show that I am not ashamed of it in any way, shape, or form. I am quite proud of my username username for that reason.

I am going into my senior year in high school this summer. Once I graduate, I plan on attending university and majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I have always been a tinkerer. As a toddler I never played with toys. Instead, my parents would just give me a bucket of old electronics (no this is not a joke) and I would just like to take things inside apart and put them back together again. I am fairly experienced in 3D Printing (I own an Artillery Sidewinder X1 to anyone who is wondering), I am knowledgeable in laser cutting and engraving, CNC routing, and various woodworking tools like tablesaws, bandsaws, mitor saws, etc.

I am also skilled with computers and electronics in general, I have build about 6 computers in my 18 years of life, and have repaired 4 laptops (one of which I had to completely replace the laptops motherboard.) I am skilled in Fusion 360 for CAD work, and I am good at actually building the things I design in Fusion 360. For example, one thing I have made is one of those useless boxes, where you flip a switch on a box, and a little arm comes out and turns itself off again. I designed the whole thing from scratch in Fusion 360. I ordered the electronic parts I didn’t already have. I used my schools laser cutter to cut out the pieces for the box itself. Then I soldered, glued, cable managed, etc. until I finally had a working product. This was one of the first things I ever made, and the satisfaction of it working was what really finalized my career choice (I was debating between a Mechanical Engineer and a Gamer Developer).

Ok well, that is really all I have to say about myself. There are probably grammer mistakes and spelling errors in this because I am not going to bother proof reading it haha. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to learn a little about me!

6 Likes

Hey. Welcome back. Never realized you were antlion. I remember both your accounts. As for the name change, the devs can do that for you. Someone else on here had the devs change their username for them. Also, on an unrelated note, I’m also on the spectrum. I have Asperger’s.

2 Likes

Nice to see a couple other fellow aspergens around here - welcome back!

1 Like

I’ve had many a username.

1 Like

Did as you suggested, and I have my user. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.