Grass/sand textures in the "air"

When I go to the boardwalk, I notice the sand and grass textures are in the air before it goes onto the ground.It will go away when I look up or go far away from it.

He’s a Gif for better explanation:

I’m pretty sure it might just be because my PC isn’t that good.

holy shit that is scary

can you provide your computer’s specs?
GPU mainly.
Also, are your GPU drivers updated?

They might have tessellated the dynamic surface too much and your computer is freaking out over the amount of polygons. I don’t know how terrain building works in UE4 yet, but this is my best guess, because in UE3 if you tessellated the dynamic terrain too much it would look funny and be kinda weird and would flicker when you move.

Specs:

Processor Intel® Core™ i3-3227U CPU @ 1.90GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 1.9 GHz
Number of Cores 4
Video Card Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Manufacturer Intel
Chipset Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Dedicated Memory 32 MB
Total Memory 1.6 GB
Memory 6.1 GB

Any other specs you need?

I’ve looked around to see if there’s any updates for my graphics drivers since this morning cause the graphics driver stops working (meaning I have to close the game) whenever I go to the character customization from main menu (works from in-game pause menu), opening magical potions, and collecting orbs in ballrace. But I haven’t found any updates for it.

oh wow integrated graphics
I’d guess that is the issue.

Running graphics on a dedicated GPU would probably fix this, since I’ve never encountered that kind of issue.
The only time I have seen something like that is when I had an AMD graphics card. lol never again.

Yea, that’s what I figured :confused: I’ve had this laptop for a few years now, but I’m working on a getting a new one soon, so I hope that it will not be like this on there. Thanks for the help.

1 Like