GMT Collection

Hi, I was curious about something that happened the other day that I have no idea if it’s me or just that it happened. I’m missing some of the virus maps and a bunch of other maps from the GMT Collection on the workshop. I loved them as I would still play deathmatch on them with friends. Is there any way that someone maybe has backups of the gma files or a bsp of them? I’m talking about lobby2 and the virus_sewage map. :slight_smile:

The workshop addons have been taken down because GMod Tower has been closed. You can find Sewage here, however: http://www.mapcore.org/topic/12182-dm_sewage-source-version/. The lobby map isn’t going to be released again.

I thought the workshop addons were going to be kept on the workshop?

3 Likes

Yeah, no. It’s not the same map.

What zombie said, I thought they were gonna stay up as long as GMod exists?

2 Likes

The last thing Mac said, was that they were staying up.

Specifically, this part:

We won’t be taking down the Workshop content, so that will always be available to the public.

1 Like

Legal reasons came up.

So, because you became a real commercial company now, you started to get into copyright issues for having the content in the workshop?

@Radek They had GTA, Back-to-the-Future and Minecraft player models. That makes sense.

I checked the workshop and the content is still up on Mac’s steam account. How exactly is it gone now? The collection just seems to be gone.

It’s missing some virus maps and some others maps. Not everything is there.

The issue is just hosting on workshop.

Is there any way to upload it in a zip or something?

I could upload it to my dropbox, I actually have the zip with all the content ready.
But we’ll see if the devs do something like this as well.

1 Like

Including virus_sewage?

Uh, nope, that one is missing, I just checked.
I didn’t play GMT in a while, so it’s possible I never downloaded some new stuff that was added.

That’s one of the ones that vanished off the workshop, that’s why I’m asking. I have all the ones currently still existing ):

Well, I have following maps:

Grassworld, Iceworld, Khromidro, Memories, Paradise, Sandworld, Skyworld

Forest, Karafuru Gardens, Moon, Sandbar, Snowfall, Waterhole

Construction Zone, Container Ship, Frostbite, Meadows, Oneslip, Pit, Shard, Subway

Lifeless Raceway

Club Titiboo, Downtown, Falloff, Headquarters, Mr. Saturn Valley, Snowed In, Woodland

Derelict Station, Dust, Facility 2, Hospital, Metal Dreams

Acrophobia, Foundation, Gasoline, Scrap, The Docks, Trainyard, Underpass

Very possible that I am missing something here, besides Sewage (I remember that map, I think it was that super unbalanced one with the castle?)

I think workshop has all those too :slight_smile:

The only one I see you missing is the 2nd Source Karts map. (It was later disabled due to a lag and/or crash issue I believe)

I have uploaded the addon .gma to dropbox for you. Devs: If this is not okay, please let me know and I will remove this immediately. I am guessing the devs don’t mind however.
Here is Drift Island:

If you are unsure how to extract the files from it, you can learn how here: