Gmod Tower map Errors

So I wanted to wander around the old lobby 1 map, but at my surprise, there was an awful lot of errors, such as texture not showing, and also disappeared models (fountain, walls and such)

I used the last build of Lobby 1 (build0s2b)

Gmod is up to date.

I would like to know why it is doing that =( , and possibly, how I can fix those errors.

The same issue applies for all of the version of the map I have.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

You may not have all of the required games required to show all of the textures correctly. There should be a white controller logo in the main menu or pause menu. Click on it and check Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike: Source, Half Life 2, and both HL2 episode 1 and 2. Load back into Lobby 1 and it should be mostly fine.

Riiiiight!!! I just recalled I haven’t uped to date TF2 in a while! :o I’ll try that and update the thread!

Thanks!!

I have all the games that GMT needed for textures, and I still get a few errors in the old lobby. I think some textures/models were created by Pixeltail just for GMT, and once they took down most of the workshop content for Tower, those models and textures were lost.

Do the fountain disappears for you though?

No, it’s there still.

So I opened the console, and it showed me a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE pile or errors it encoutered loading up the map :

It goes waaaaaaay beyond the window bottom…

Basically, it fails to load VMT files… I saw that I have to rewrite the files and folder names in uppercase instead of lowercase… fml,

2 Likes