Gmod Playermodels/Items?

Will the developers be uploading their playermodels from gmod into the game?

Also what about some of the items like the Christmas sack boy?

Since the devs don’t own those models, they can’t upload them… buuuut it’s fair game for us as a community to add them in via Workshop. Some people have already begun porting some of them over, like the dinosaur and the big ERROR sign.

The Christmas Sackboy was a Workshop Canvas item, though I don’t think they uploaded that one publicly. Similarly to playermodels, we can get the 3D model and upload them to Tower’s Workshop to use ourselves.

1 Like

Someone has already imported some of the models from Gmod Tower like tables and stuff and are apparently slowly adding more of them.

1 Like

Someone please add Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3, I remember I always used to play as him in Gmod Tower

Id love to but i lost most of the files from GMTower because my new OS specifically wanted that particular spot on my HDD

pinkmonstersnake
when you badly want snake in the game, but don’t know anything about modeling

EDIT: Seems like I gotta switch out the bones the creator of the model made with the ones Tower Unite has, though I have no idea how i’m supposed to do that.

2 Likes

I’d like to find out how to import Gmod models into Tower Unite but I’m a complete noob with blender as well. I followed a guide that would let me import a Gmod model into Blender but the skeleton is still for Source. Is there a way to convert the skeleton or do I have to delete and rebuild it?

https://www.towerunite.com/sdk/creating-characters
There is a file in here with the skeleton for TU which you will need, open that first before you import your model into blender since then the model itself will follow the settings that the devs have put in said blender file.

Direct download link:
https://www.towerunite.com/sdk/resources/workshop/TowerUnite_Workshop_Rig_2.0.zip

Now you gotta open the .blend file you just downloaded, then you import your model into blender, if needed you gotta resize the mesh (object you imported) so it’s the same size as the skeleton.

Here comes the fun part, making your model snap to the skeleton that you opened in blender, sadly i don’t really know how exactly you would do this so i decided to find a video or two you could look at.

Managed to find a step by step list on a forum post:

1. Select the mesh
  2. Shift+Select the armature
  3. Ctrl + P
  4. Select “Make Parent to Armature” option
  5. Select “Create from Bone Heat” (Recommended)

And a video that shows you how to do it, and explains it in detail:

When that’s done you export the resulting model as a .dae object and save said export in a spot you can find again, then you head into the workshop editor in Tower Unite and import it there, if there aren’t any problems with the model then it will upload it without issue.

Ff there is an error or something it will tell you the problem and give you a simple error output you can read in the editor, and a little text output that shows you some details for the file.

Someone has also made a guide on rigging which you could give a quick read.

3 Likes

i think most of the gmod tower player models are in now and almost all the lobby 1 models are in

Well, they’re talking about GMod, not GMod Tower.

1 Like

oh shizzle in the bizzle your right,
my damned brain dun goofed me again