Give emote menu its own key

Back in Gmod Tower (and most games with emotes), holding the key for the emote menu opens it directly on screen for quick selection with a single click. This is a nice thing for spontaneous player interaction.

However, Tower Unite doesn’t do this in favor of having you hold the key down, then selecting either the emote menu (the only way this is accessible as far as I know) or somewhat superfluous appearance menus that can already be accessed elsewhere. This adds an awkward pause everytime people are emoting at each other.

I can only see this as a huge quality of life improvement if these appearance options were simply removed or moved to another key so that the emotes can be opened onscreen without an additional click. Why do these even share the same space?

I use the C menu both for appearance all the time, please don’t remove this.

3 Likes

Hence “move”, not just simply remove

Yeah, but still it would be less convenient for me to have to go somewhere else when I’m so used to using the C menu.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if the emotes were moved instead, just as long as they get their own hotkey so I don’t have to navigate to and click an additional icon when I’m opening what seems like it’s supposed to be a shortcut.

Changed title to better reflect this.

1 Like

I think it would be better to think of the C menu as a menu instead of a hotkey. Also, keep in mind that the emotes being in a hotkey doesn’t actually save you much time. You’ll still have to see a menu and click, so a small movement and a second click doesn’t sound like too much of a stall/downside.

Just do like Fortnite does and add an emote wheel key (for example B) that you can scroll through

1 Like

I can see this working well, heck Warframe and Portal’s Co-Op kinda did that too, It was quick and simple to work with.

If not I could also see clicking it to open a menu with emotes, then pressing a number to use the one you want similar to how TF2 does taunts.

but again I would want it to be on whole different key, not forcing c to be only emotes and moving the rest to a different key (I think of C as standing for customize or character more then emote anyways)

5 Likes

hold key to open menu
hover over emote
let go of key, and you use the emote
doesn’t need to be a wheel so it can be organized from looping and non-looping
but this would be very nice to be able to do quickly

4 Likes

Yea, it’s more important to quickly emote to react than to quickly change your playermodel for idk, full appearance transformations

3 Likes

Well since we can already access the appearance menu with TAB, there’s nothing wrong with making C only for the emotes

Meanwhile i think i need more of a shortcut to inventory with the button C.

And a refresh button on weapons/wearable hotbar.

1 Like