Game crashing in condos

While hosting a condo server with a friend, I glitched into the top of a doorway with the jetpack. The server (and game) crashed instantly, resulting in a black screen. I am now forced to type this on my second monitor, as the game is running in fullscreen and can’t be closed. I’ll try to re-create the bug when I get it fixed, but I currently can’t do anything. I cannot run the task manager, as it is hidden behind the black screen. I also can’t force quit or quit manually; both do nothing.

Edit: I managed to fix it by logging out, which closed all of my programs (aside from the ones that I needed, which is why I didn’t restart). I will now try to re-create the bug.

next time you can fix it by pressing ctrl + alt + escape which will bring up the windows task manager, then go to processes and find tower64game or whatever it’s called and then closing it. This is a known bug that occurs when trapped in the ceiling, it is most easily recreated by stacking furniture all the way to a ceiling, crouching to get onto it and then uncrouching.

I couldn’t see the task manager, as the black screen covered everything on my first monitor. Thanks anyway.

oh i see, i didn’t consider that as i run it in windowed

If the game covers the screen, you’ll need to do command prompt magic.
Start + R, Type cmd and press enter, then type taskkill /F /IM Tower.exe

1 Like

I could be wrong, but if I couldn’t see the task manager, I don’t think I would have been able to see the command prompt. I think I was also running a program that forced it into fullscreen, which made it worse.

If it crashes like that you should be able to get the task bar to cover to screen, from there you don’t need to see anything, otherwise your screwed.

We think we know what the problem is, it has to do with time substepping in the physics engine. We’ll most likely have it sorted out in the next alpha release.

1 Like

Thanks for your report! This has been forwarded straight to our Trello board. You can track its status there.

1 Like

Thanks for your report! This has been forwarded straight to our Trello board. You can track its status there (it takes a couple minutes to show up on Trello).

1 Like