Found some Interesting Audio in the Game - Hidden Images

I was bored, so I recently decided to just rip TU’s audio from the game. As I was going through listening to various things, I came across something interesting regarding the broken radio’s sounds. There’s a total of 4 files in here, but 2 of them have a very weird sound. Listening to it, you just hear a bunch of screeching and beeping. Then something stuck out about how they sounded. At the beginning of these 2 files, there was what sounded like some sort of… header. Like something that indicates the start of a code/message. Then it goes into the mentioned screeching until the end.

I did some research, and it turns out that this is something called SSTV (Slow Scan TeleVision), which can be used to share images across things like a radio. With the right program or app, you can decode these images. So, I did just that, I found an app on my phone, and put it next to the speakers on my pc. It took a moment before it could find the right mode to use, but once it did, an image started coming through.

Here are the results.
BrokenRadio_EyesUp.ogg

BrokenRadio_Hello.ogg

I’m not sure what the point of this all was, but it was a really neat find nonetheless.

10 Likes

Ain’t new but it is fun. Thought originally this was maybe part of an ARG or something, probably not though.

4 Likes

Ah, bummer. Didn’t get the first discovery of that then.

2 Likes

didn’t see the first post, cool that this stuff is in the game

2 Likes