Fonts Bug | Extreme Loading Times

Not necessarily that this is a bug, it’s just that whenever I go to join GMTower or any Gamemode, my game is always stuck downloading ‘resource/fonts/Days.ttf’. I have no idea what to do at this point, and I’m typically stuck downloading this font for several minutes, missing the first couple rounds of a Gamemode. I’ve done everything I can think of, verify integrity of game cache, uninstall/reinstall all of the content, uninstall/reinstall Garry’s Mod, and I’ve looked for solutions on the Forums and on Google, but no luck. If somebody has a solution or any knowledge of what to do, please contact me on Steam or on here, although I might not be as active on here, but I’ll try my best to check in for replies.

Unsubscribe from the GMTower collection and delete the relevant GMA files from your garry’s mod folder and then resubscribe.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to adjust your download filter on Gmod. I believe the command is cl_allowdownload mapsonly or something similar. Wait for someone else to respond who knows for sure.

Go to your “Program Files\Steam\steamapps\garrysmod\garrysmod\resource\fonts” folder, and put the .ttf file (found here) in the folder. Do the same for any other fonts that show up.

1 Like