[0.8.5.0][Fishing] Out of bounds, soft lock and other bad contenters

Keep each thread about a single bug.
If you find multiple bugs immediately, make multiple threads about them please!

I’m aware of the bug reporting guidelines, but i don’t really know the relations between each of these issues sadly, so it is less confusing to submit them all simultaneously.

So, If i’m not wrong, you can keep the fishing mini game catch UI, kept on the screen, if you are chatting at the time when you are currently getting it. (So, Like, keep writing in the chat, when you are getting the fish back at you)

However, This can also be combined if directly launching another line after getting something, and this time…

Well, You can control your character while still fishing. You sadly can’t catch any fishes in this position, as you actually control your character (Move the mouse → Move the character head/Looking, Clicking left → ¨Attack with the fishing rod¨, etc…)

However, this result, into soft locking the game… even harder than the previous soft lock during the fishing update days. You can’t click anything, can’t left control to end the fishing mini game, go into the pause menu, can’t kill your character, change weapon or anything. You need to force close your game.

Also, like that, I’ve manage to combine it, by rejoining a minigame (Typing derby), when I still had the Catching UI mouse control, to let me spawn back underwater and out of bounds.
(May i ask the purpose of these triangular shapes under the plaza btw ?)

Also, litle note, You can re-launch your line, even if you don’t have any baits left.

2 Likes

I’ve manage to replicate it once again, and yes, indeed. It’s linked into talking in the chat during the catching one fish sequence. You also can’t talk in the chat in this state.

Alright, I think I’ve found a mostly consistent way of getting softlocked, You only need to spam the left click when the animation that happened once you’ve managed to fully catch a fish. This should make you able to throw another bait, without being able to click on the ¨Your catch¨ dialog box, and so, softlocking you.
I’m still searching a way to replicate the ways of going out of bounds, but this might be done by rejoining an activity set out of bounds (Like a snowy minigame, Laser Tag or even Trivia for example) during the same moment.

You can also seem to get it, by entering the chat box, without claiming you’ve caught

fish.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.