First time doing an introduction on a forum

Heya, how’s it going? It’s nice to meet you.

You might know me by a lot of names, but I just go by “Gryphon” to most on Tower. My name’s Dan. I’m 18, from southeast Michigan. There’s really not that much to tell about me. I’m an introvert, so I can be a little bit anxious when talking to large groups or multiple people at once. I prefer quiet, one-on-one conversations instead of loud, obnoxious crowds.

I’ve been playing Gmod since the early days (2007), and Gmod Tower for about a year now. Gaming has always been important in my life. Some of my earliest memories, in fact, are of playing my first console, the SNES, with my family. If you ever want to talk retro games, come to me and I’ll be happy to carry a conversation with you. NES, Genisis, Commodore, N64, anything. I’ve done it all.

Other than tower, a lot of my free time is taken up playing guitar, though I’ve never written or performed any music. I’ve been practicing for about 5 years now, though I don’t feel like I could play in front of anyone. I play steel string acoustic, nylon classical, lead electric, rhythm electric, and 12-string acoustic. Some of my idols/inspirations include Joe Satriani, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Yngwie Malmsteen, McKinley Morganfield, Steve Vai, and Tom Morello. I’ve found that I can’t pin down a single genre that I’m into. Sometimes I feel like classic rock, other times I find myself listening to blues. Anything goes.

I’m going to be going to be going to school for drafting/CAD classes soon, and hopefully get a job involved in designing and manufacturing auto parts. (Much) later on in my career, I’m looking to move on to aerospace design. I’ve always been interested in the latest tech. Whether it be simple consumer devices like the Oculus Rift and Amazon Echo, or life-saving ones like the Pacemaker, I love watching new technologies emerge and develop.

Just ask about anything else you’d like to know, I’m always open for PMs as well. Come say hi if you ever see me in Tower! You can call me Dan, Sonder, Gryphon, Blue, any one works. I look forward to using the new forum and getting acquainted with you all! :heart:

Welcome! A way better intro than mine!

1 Like

Much appreciated! And don’t worry about it, introductions don’t have to be formal.
Did you know that “No mas” means “No more” in Spanish, so your name is technically “No more pants”?

Such an awesome, detailed intro. Good luck with your CAD classes ^.^

1 Like

Thanks! My father has been doing CAD for longer than I’ve been alive, so I’m looking into an apprenticeship with his company. He said he’d be happy to show me the ropes, I’m pretty excited.

1 Like

Thats the point of my name. To be stupid yet awsome at the same time. (mainly stupid :smiley:)

1 Like