Find a way to stop people from binding jump to scrollwheel

I know people will bitch about me suggesting this. But it honestly ruins gameworlds like lc and holy fuck I can’t imagine how shitty sdnl will be when it comes out if this isn’t fixed. It makes the game not fun for anybody because people are able to cheat by editing files to very easily bunny hop and it’s nearly impossible to win against these players. It’s like the whole hamma situation all over again.

Yes please. I hate b-hoppers in LC.

4 Likes

people could bind it anyways with applications such as Razer Synapse, etc so it wouldn’t fully fix the problem. If it does get removed, people will still do it using those applications while others won’t be able to depending on their mouse

1 Like

If this would be applied it should only be in gamemodes, I enjoy bhopping around my condo and I wouldn’t even be able to play my own bhop maps that I want to work on. I don’t think disabling it in gamemodes is really the answer either. I haven’t played LC in a while because I know people don’t like people who bhop with scroll wheel. I don’t know how you could fix this problem with people bhopping with scroll in LC but I don’t think one gamemode should ruin others fun.

6 Likes

Holy crap don’t get me started. Definite vote

1 Like

just add a speed cap to bhopping lol

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with you, but I’m not sure if they even would be able to just affect gameworlds with it. But it would be better if they could

I don’t know how to quote things from other posts but I asked about if we will be able to bind to scroll wheel and they said it would be something that they would be fixing. Which I believe means it we will be able to bind it in-game so I believe it is something that is allowed. Is there a way to bind scroll up/down to jump? I do agree with it being OP in LC though.

If this suggestion is taken into action maybe we could get a bhop item for plaza and condos that lets you choose what mode you want to play like how you can in bhop servers.

Tried to make an image to show the idea but i’m not good at creating stuff but hopefully you get the idea.

thatsnogood

5 Likes

I personally think that bunnyhopping is too far removed from any other part of the gameworld (talking about LC, but it probably does and will apply to other things, like Laser Tag (?)) to have a place in it. It just feels like such a strange, unintuitive mechanic that unfortunately makes a big difference.

The question to ask is, really, does the majority of players enjoy the current situation? And would they enjoy learning and utilizing bunnyhopping themselves, to even out the playing field? I know I wouldn’t, as it feels tacked onto the standard LC gameplay, but that’s just me, and I might be completely wrong.

5 Likes

Idea. Add a threshold for a certain amount of spacebar inputs allowed per second. Here’s how it would work.

Let’s say the player is able to create a macro or bind the scroll wheel, pressing the spacebar ~10 times per second. If there’s a system in the game that won’t allow for more than 3 presses per second, it would void all spacebar inputs for a defined length of time (0.5 - 1 second). This doesn’t seem like very long, but it may be long enough to interrupt a player using external tools to bhop unfairly. Since you only need to press space every time you hit the ground, bhopping would still be possible if you’re doing it without spamming. One press per jump instead of 10.

This would allow truly skillful players to use the system in the intended way while invalidating people looking to cheat with third-party tools.

4 Likes

I believe GMT had something like this in its version of UCH. Bhopping was extra difficult there compared to the standalone version.

Wasn’t bhopping patched in LC?

this was before it was patched out

oh haha oops