FeedBack

This game is okay right now, but I do recommend getting it when it has more fixes to the game. There are so many bugs at the moment that sometimes you can even play it, and the game will tend to crash sometimes. When you first start the game it will take a long time to load to the main menu and when you go to join a server it won’t load you in so you would have to restart the game to get it to work. The character in the game works most of the time but sometimes your character glitches out and has a hard time walking/running. So far the games it has are alright…

-Minigolf: the game is not the best, the maps are cool and creative, but when you hit the ball for the first time you have to wait like 1min tell you can hit again, and the camera for it so buggy as well.

-Ball Racer: is fun the maps are also very creative for these two game modes. But with this game mode when you come to moving objects the game sometimes lag and it’s very hard stay on moving blocks.

-Virus: this game is fun, but there is no game over round it just keeps going, and when I did it, it did not seem like you kept your units when you left after 5 rounds and there is also no sprinting/jumping//crouching and no aiming with weapons, and when you the infected it’s hard to get people because they corner up in one spot with TNT surrounding them so hard to get near them.

-Condos: The condos in the game are cool, but I have not spent much time messing with them yet so I can’t really tell you if there is any bugs and things that need to be changed.

I will update this review as the game gets updated over time. Overall this game is very fun long as you have friends or make new ones is this. Join the Tower Unite

Hope this review was helpful

Although the game is in Early Access, the game’s performance may depend more on your type of computer.

I’m not saying your wrong, but it may be your computer, in some cases, that makes the game run slower.

1 Like

“-Ball Racer: is fun the maps are also very creative for these two game modes. But with this game mode when you come to moving objects the game sometimes lag and it’s very hard stay on moving blocks.” “And it’s very hard stay on moving blocks.” Buddy that’s kind of the point. You glide when you move. Also you say, “I haven’t spent much time messing with them yet.” Them is referring to condo I guess. This is not a review this is you criticizing every thing the game has to offer. Its not even like you’ve played the game for a long time. You clearly haven’t played if you haven’t spent time in the condo, don’t know that the game mode is ballrace not “ballracer” and you talk about virus as if it’s suppose to be like call of duty. I don’t understand this review.

1 Like

This is probably either your ping or your PC. It works perfectly fine and smooth for me 100% of the time if I’m not on a server with bad ping.

A full game of Virus lasts for 10 rounds. You can leave at any point in the game (after the payment rollout at the end of a round) and get your money.

This is intentional. Virus is largely inspired by a game called Timesplitters, which had none of these features. This was a choice and not a lack of trying/ being lazy or unfinished.

This is fixed in today (5/2/'16)'s patch. It was a missing feature that was not yet implemented in Virus, although was planned and is now implemented.

I have never, not even on my first time, had this happen to me. This may be a problem with your PC.

Just make sure your PC is at least meeting the requirements for the game. Also, if you ever encounter any bugs, glitches, or crashes, please report them so the developers can fix them. Simply complaining about them won’t do anyone any good.
Also, I think that how you think Virus needs to be more like Call of Duty is pretty bullshit. You can’t judge a game on how it doesn’t work like another game.
Another thing. How the FUCK are you going to judge a game when you’ve played just 5 hours of it? You do know most reviewers have to play the games they review for more than a day to give fair and justified judgement of a game, right?

Hope this review of your review was helpful.

1 Like

While taking in mind that this is an Early Access game, some of the performance issues are to be expected until their ironed out- and yes, that includes crashes (the occasional Fatal Error is normal as of now, there’s even a section here for crash dumps.) many of the bugs you have that i can’t help with have probably been answered here on the forums.
However I do think some of the issues described above are because of local issues, such as a slow hardware issue or internet. As for the game modes;

Minigolf works fine. Every now and again what you described will happen because or Ping issues or network latency. Otherwise; have you hosted your own server in golf? And on the occasion, less so than before, the camera is known to lockup in a fixed position far away from the ball. i’m unsure if this is the situation you mean by “and the camera for it so buggy as well.” Please elaborate on ‘Buggy’ if you wish to give feedback.

Ball Race is supposed to be at least a little challenging to stay on moving platforms. While again; lag from ping and network latency can be an issue, this shouldn’t make it unplayable.

Virus. “but there is no game over round it just keeps going, and when I did it, it did not seem like you kept your units when you left after 5 rounds” There’s in total 10 rounds. You may leave at any time, and be awarded the units up until the last end of round you played. “there is also no sprinting/jumping//crouching” This is a design choice and is intentional. “when you the infected it’s hard to get people because they corner up in one spot with TNT surrounding them so hard to get near them.” That is a valid criticism, and is getting fixed quite soon, if not already fixed.

I do suggest playing the game more before reviewing it further, at the very least.

1 Like

That is intentional and will probably stay like that. Survivors do not need any more buffs.

The performance issues you have don’t sound very normal to me. All performance issues I experience myself is low framerates depending on the area (most noticeable in condos or sometimes the plaza, depending on the amount of players playing). Some crashes happens, as well as memory leaks, but that is to be expected in the game’s current phase.

I’m not the only one with performance issues but I’m sure it will get improved later on though.

The problem with Ball Race is how the movement gets delayed a lot during higher pings. It is of course manageable to play the levels even with 200 ping but if you compare it to being the host then you will notice just how big the difference is, and for many players it’s very hard to adapt to it.

1 Like

Sorry to go off topic or whatever but can I just comment on how rude some of you are, this person was giving their feedback in the hopes of having some things they might have seen as improvable or off with the game.

There is no need to be snarky or rude towards someone who is only trying to help.

A lot of the criticism was valid and understandable yet some of you were just like “YOU CANT SAY THIS BECAUSE YOU HAVENT PLAYED IT FOR AGES”

Let’s not make the community this toxic this quickly guys pls.

Nobody said that, but you can believe somebody did, I don’t care.

1 Like

Sorry then what was meant by this?[quote=“Bongoboard, post:3, topic:8426, full:true”]
This is not a review this is you criticizing every thing the game has to offer. Its not even like you’ve played the game for a long time.
[/quote]

wow :new_moon_with_face:

what

I responded to your comment.

ok bye

We, or at least I, am not trying to be rude. My reply showed the flaws in their review and why it was not helpful. For one, several of these issues can be attributed to lag, frame or ping. Another is that he is judging the game not for it’s shortcomings but for stylistic, intentional choices (Virus no jumping/crouching/sprinting). They’ve also complained about something that is plainly and visibly disproved; the Virus round timer. He didn’t even look around the UI to see that the round count was X/10, and then complained about how it ‘didn’t end’.

The reasons I have been responding defensively is because this user’s review is not helpful, nor does it contribute any thought or discussion about the game. The review isn’t really helping anyone improve or learn. It serves no purpose.

Your reply was both defensive and offensive, asking someone ‘How the FUCK’ and calling one of his points ‘bullshit’ isn’t appropriate, and the smarmy comment at the end was both unnecessary, and surprisingly, contrary to your intentions - at least, according to you - was rude.

Genuinely, the person was trying to be helpful, and had the game not been out for as long/had the bugs that he mentioned in his review not been well known, it would have been a helpful review, and quite frankly, it doesn’t really matter if the bugs were known or not, he is hardly going to search the forums to see which bugs he shouldn’t mention in his review because they’re already known.

Lag/Ping issues do also count as valid issues that game developers should try to address/mitigate, so I mean you just called some of his points valid. Also, again, he might not have known some issues were caused by framerate, so again, he was just trying to be helpful.

He was judging the game both by shortcomings and by stylistic intentional choices, the latter being due to the fact that he clearly didn’t play GMT so how would he know that it’s an intentional design choice to not be able to jump and such if the majority of games allow you to jump/sprint, hell, even TU does.

You’re also putting words in his mouth, he didn’t even mention call of duty yet you’re assuming that because he was confused over the whole no sprinting/crouching/jumping/aiming thing that means he wants it to be more like COD? The first time I played Virus on GMT I was confused by it.

Your initial post served no purpose, your criticism was neither constructive nor contributing towards any thought or discussion about the game, you spent your time deconstructing a positive review made by someone new to the community just looking to help, and telling them why their opinions are invalid/wrong.

Good luck with that.