Even if you can't finish the goal with the typing derby, you will be rewarded

English typing is very difficult.
I have never scored a goal.
Please make it so that I can receive a ranking reward without doing a goal.

better yet, (if its possible) make alternative language support for typing derby!

8 Likes

Typing Derby really does need and Deserve far more time than just 90 secs because there’s lots of Slow Typers like myself. 180 (3mins) would be enough for even slower Typers like myself to finish a game of Virus. And there’s lots of People that aren’t English Speakers which does cause problems for people to Type English and that means a massive time waste And especially when you only have 90 secs to write the story it will be a problem because there just isn’t enough time to finish. And what is even more of a problem is that there’s lots of times words that are Hard to type and those moments you can’t even make any progress with the story cause you are stuck. And what makes things even more Annoyance is that when you are next to the finish like and time ends which makes you Panic and then you couldn’t finish the game. Which for sure is a massive Annoyance as well when you are having for once a really nice time with TD and can actually finish it and then the last second your completion for the game gets taken away from you which hurts you a lot and frustrates even more. Also another thought about this thing is that Slow Typers like me can’t even get half way done which is a problem due to certain words on the stories taking forever to type and gives you problems with Typing and make you waste lots of time the 90 secs that you have. So yeah TD needs some work put into it. TD just isn’t fair for slow typers So please Work on Typing Derby and Give Everyone a chance to finish games of Typing Derby. Thank You!

3 Likes

No offense, but 180 seconds is far too long in my opinion. Most of the time I play it, a majority of the players can complete the paragraphs within the 90 seconds given. I don’t mind waiting for slower typers for the last 20-30 seconds after I finish, but adding an additional 90 seconds on top would mean that faster players are potentially waiting ~2 minutes after they finish.

However as an alternative, what if there was a second TD for slower typers that had a longer allowed time or perhaps cut out some of the more difficult passages? It could be similar to Poker where there are low betting tables and a high roller one. And this way, people who want more of a challenge or want to play faster can still play the current TD.