Enable SLI (Slightly Buggy)

After a bit of tinkering I managed to get SLI working using Nvidia Inspector. This solution is not perfect as some surfaces flicker when effects quality is set to high or turbo in game. Every other setting can be maxed out without issue. I have only tested this with dual GTX 970s in SLI so I have no idea how this will fair with different hardware configurations. I now get a solid 60FPS in 4k versus 30ish before.

For those that are familiar with Nvidia Inspector all you need to do is set the DX11 SLI bit to 0x080222F5 for Tower-Win64-Shipping.exe.

Otherwise here is a short guide:

Download Nvidia Inspector Here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

After running it click the wrench icon to bring up profile settings:

Make the changes below:
SLI bit - 0x080222F5

After launching the game ensure that effects quality is set to medium or lower. There is some minor flickering with the high setting but its still playable in my opinion.

As you can see both of my graphics cards are being utilized now:

This SLI profile is designed for Batman: Arkham Orgins (Another Unreal Engine Game). SLI profiles need to be tailored to the specific graphical features a game contains. There is no one size fits all solution for Unreal Engine 4 games, but luckily Arkham Origins is close enough to Tower Unite technically for this to work. This may change as Tower progresses however.

1 Like

This is really cool, actually. So if I have a GTX 460 and a GT 430, I can command it to use both of them?

It’s to my understanding that SLI requires two of the same card.

Frankly, though, I’m happy enough sticking to one card on a 1080p setup. 4K just seems overkill to me, and SLI has too many downsides to feel worth it, to me.

It’s funny, forcing this game in CrossFire makes it run worse.

Just to add on to this, they don’t have to be the same excat brand, just the same series. Like a 780 and only SLi with another 780, but you could have a EVGA 780 with a SAPPHIRE 780.

See what I did there

lul

Yea I had to try a lot of SLI profiles to find one that was remotely stable.

You could squeeze a bit more performance out of your setup if you configure the 430 as a dedicated physX card. However, I’m not sure of Tower Unite takes advantage of that feature.