Emulator Mod(?)

Then explain it to me please

The howl was not sold for actual money, the only way to get a howl using money was to pay another person who had the howl. Valve never sold a single howl.

I did already. Read above.

I responded to all your posts already with why I disagree, youā€™ll have to introduce a new argument here

You can disagree with me, but Iā€™ve laid out HOW IT WORKS. Itā€™s not my view of how it works, thatā€™s how it works.

You would think so, @MaskedKatz.

To answer your question again, the answer is itā€™s possible. I imagine someone will, but it will only be on custom servers.

1 Like

Iā€¦what?!

Valve sold the keys and cases which was the only way to get the Howl. It wasnā€™t free or randomly dropped.

Hereā€™s how it works. This isnā€™t how I think it works, this isnā€™t how I imagine it works, this is how it works: PixelTail cannot, repeat cannot get in trouble for what the modders do and release for free. The two examples you picked, The Howl and the stolen Aion assets, were released for money. Money is where the law comes in, but the law doesnā€™t care about free mods, especially since modders will credit whatever assets they used. Think about Smash Flash 2 or the countless Mario World flash remakes. They are released for free, and itā€™s pathetically obvious what the source material is. The creators of said games claim no copyright and release the games for free, as such, it falls under fair use.

This whole discussion stems from you misunderstanding Zakā€™s words.

Have you ever coded in Lua? I have. Itā€™s a mess. I would give you a million dollars if you could build a working emulator using Lua only. But, because UE4 is built in C++ and Lua, emulators can be easily made. Zak isnā€™t referring to copyright, heā€™s referring to codebase.

Youā€™ve never said once why you disagree. All your responses are just clapbacks that make no sense or link to an irrelevant article or incident that doesnā€™t apply. Your argument is valid in a sense, but valid if and only if PixelTail were to condone emulators being used on their official servers. If itā€™s a custom server using a custom mod, thereā€™s very little they can do about it, and PixelTail would actually hold legal immunity. The modders would be held responsible.

Before you respond, I highly recommend going on Google and looking up some things about how mods fit into copyright law, and the multiple incidents within the ā€œpaid modsā€ weekend that Bethesda and Valve pulled out of their arses.

Now thatā€™s it. Iā€™m done. Moderators are going to be locking this thread any time now and weā€™re all going to get in trouble.

@MaskedKatz, feel free to message me or @Caboose700 to talk more about how modding and emulators will work in TU.

Now, Iā€™m hopping on the Tower. Minigolf is calling my name.

Jeez, this is getting out of hand.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not selling the Howl. No one could buy a Howl from valve.

Thatā€™s very useful, thanks. No one had mentioned fair use at all in this thread previously.

Yes

I was only really thinking about official servers

Why? Didnā€™t you just explain it in this very post?

How dare we be cautious about fair use, itā€™s not like copyright is being majorly abused these days

Have fun

Okay, enough arguing. Stopping this thread in its tracks before it turns into even more of a clustertruck.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.

3 Likes