Emulation With Libretro & Tower Unite

So cool!

Any future support for GameCube/Dolphin? Super excited to try this!

EDIT: Just reread, it mentions handhelds, can you also do handheld emulation on a larger screen in condos, or are emulators such as 3DS locked to the handhelds?

4 Likes

THIS IS INSANITY??? from the back of condo i/o to this thats insane

1 Like

This is so incredible! Can’t wait to play MKDS in Tower. OH YEAH!

1 Like

This is really cool, but how does this work with workshop condos? That would be distributing ROMs.

ROMs are not saved to a workshop condo or distributed. The only thing that is stored is the name of the game. Our system internally searches your local files for a matching game of the same name. So if you had “Super Vampire Man” installed on your local machine, it’ll try to find that ROM for you. This search eliminates as much as it can so it finds the correct match, as well.

3 Likes

Some details on cores I’ve tested:

6 Likes

In the future, is it going to get updated so people can watch you play?

4 Likes

This is a surprise but a welcome one

3 Likes

does this allow multiplayer games?

Bottom of the post says no netplay, so no. At least not yet anyway

1 Like

This is incredible, I really cannot overstate how much of a massive W this update is. I have some questions:

• Are we gonna be able to get light gun game support like with EmuVR in the future?

• You say VR support is in the future, does that mean we’ll be able to play these emulators in VR? (Especially the handheld, lounging around in the lobby or my condo playing handhelds in VR would be cozy)

• I know you can’t watch people play or have netplay support now, but will that be a feature in the future?

• Is additional work underway to get stuff like dolphin_libretro working? Or is that just simply off the table?

• Will the arcade area in the lobby include some homebrew games to demonstrate this? Might be a good way to stress test netplay if that ever comes in the future.

4 Likes

Wow, this is very unexpected but a welcome surprise nonetheless!
Seeing this has just reminded me of the Arcade API feature, which I hope you guys haven’t forgotten about. I was looking forward to it back when it was being actively worked on.

1 Like

oh boy i cant wait to play DOOM in tower unite!

I am currently working on this. There’s a bit of legwork because there are different lightgun devices per game and I want a system that automatically handles this for you.

Yes, that is my goal.

It is something we’re looking into.

Dolphin currently has a bug with their OpenGL implementation on their Libretro core. Eventually they might have a fix, or someone will.

We’re still figuring out what we wanna do with this.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Was the PPSSPP Renamed To the GameStation Global?

PPSSPP is the emulator’s name, it doesn’t have anything to do with the model.

3 Likes

Screen brightness across everything is very bright it seems.
Add nested folder support so i dont need to cheat my mklinks

1 Like

Gotcha

We’re going to be adding screen brightness settings soon.

3 Likes