Elevator: Unite

elevator unite

What is this?

In 2012 PixelTail released a Gamemode for Garry’s Mod called Elevator: Source. Where the elevator would take the players to various locations, before arriving to its final floor.

In the past 2 months I’ve been working on a Condo that re-captures the essence of Elevator: Source. After the I/O update was rolled out I started planning and experimenting, how it could be made in Tower Unite.

With the help of 13 community members, we created 25 unique floors to have a glimpse into on your way to the top floor.

Technical Details

The Condo has over 900 Condo I/O Connections that keeps the elevator and the floors in motion.
The ride itself takes about 30-35 minutes from the start to finish. There is enough space for 3-4 people in the elevator, with more people than that playermodels might block the view from each other.
The ride is linear, the floors are not randomized, I could not find a reliable method to randomize more then 20 floors (20 sided dice) and solve that every floor only gets picked once. Also placing 20+ teleport volumes in the same spot was something I did not want to deal with. But having as linear ride means I can have multiple elevator running, and late joiners wont miss any floors.

Between the floors it takes around a minute till you reach the next floor, just enough time to wind down from the previous floor and build anticipation for the next.

Release Date

The Condo will be hosted public for the first time at:
April 15th, 2023 at 11:30 AM EDT ; 2023-04-15T15:30:00Z

Credits

Want to thank to every community member who participated in the building:

- Peteros
- Deetew
- DocFortuna
- Pandeh
- Zorakas
- Pumpkin
- Athena Kuld
- Wyrm
- Archmage
- Entity
- Dust-Fortuna
- Ellis_Cake

And Special thanks to my good friend who helped me the most with this Project:

- MrKhaotik

Also want to thank the creators of the original Elevator: Source for the inspiration and the memorable game they made:

- Sunabouzu
- MacDGuy
- Sam
- Foohy

18 Likes

It’s quite something to see, honored to work on a project like this one.
See y’all there!

1 Like

The legendary elevator rides again! Looking forward to checking it out.

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing me along for this project! Really loved collaborating with you, and seeing all the hard work everyone else put in too. Can’t wait for more people to check it out!

-Zorakas :heart:

2 Likes

The Elevator has been uploaded to the Workshop. With the bonus ride finished it now has 40 unique floors.

You can now host it for yourself.

3 Likes

Recommend checking it out.
Was glad to help and do work for it.