Crossbow Buff

Albeit being the weapon with the highest base damage in the game, the crossbow is a pretty bad pickup at the moment (unless it’s the only weapon around and you have no good upgrades yet).

I have two suggestions:

1. Have crossbow bolts ricochet when shot at an extremely obtuse angle.
  2. Give crossbow bolts the ability to penetrate enemies

I think the first suggestion is better though. This would make the crossbow a more viable pickup and a more enjoyable weapon to use. I don’t think it would hurt to have both.

I have also seen people suggest a faster rate of fire for the crossbow. The rate of fire can be changed to the crossbow in the Balloon Shoot mini game, but I feel that 's a pretty lazy way to go about it can be improved upon. I enjoy picking up weapons with unique attributes to them and they help keep the game from feeling simply pick up the highest DPS weapon with the most optimal ammo-to-kill count you can find and kill zombies. This at least adds a (small) layer of replay value to the game simply by adding more options to the game.

If you’re too lazy to click the link provided, here is an example of a crossbow bolt ricocheting.

I’ve actually had it on my list to upgrade the crossbow actually. I was thinking of it doing a spread shot.

7 Likes