Crafting

If this has already been suggested, or if this is already a plan, please someone let me know as I couldn’t find anything on this.

I suggest that you are able to get different materials from different places, and using these materials you can go to a workbench in DIY and make different items for your hot bar or different furniture. For example, during fall, under certain trees in the plaza you would be able to find conkers with the shells on, these are furniture in and of themselves, however putting this on the workbench in DIY gives you the conker without the shell. If you then take this and some string (not sure where this would come from as of yet) you can made that classic conker game where you try to break the other person’s. This could also result in a small type of minigame.

Another idea came from the marshmallows on sticks. I suggest that these would be craftable, by picking sticks up from under trees (these would be used for various recipes), and there would also be a furniture / cooking item you could get from Celebrations that is essentially a bag of marshmallows. This would have a value on it, and when combined with a stick the number (the number of marshmallows in the bag) goes down and you get a marshmallow on a stick.

On a side note about the marshmallow, this item is currently somewhat useless, so I also suggest that once condo pvp becomes a thing, I think the option for players to have health bars should be available, and you would be able to heal using food items. This would give a use for the soda, hotdog and marshmallow on a stick outside of aesthetic.

I think there’s a lot of potential with this idea, though I do have to say this isn’t overly thought out so I’d like more pointers on what people think about this.

The closest that comes to crafting that is planned is the following:
https://trello.com/c/CW2teyd5/112-cooking
https://trello.com/c/20EdkJt3/336-cooking-potions
Personally I like the idea, however it’d be a lot of development.
Cooking as far as I recall years ago in talks isn’t just making food, but rather mixing items together to get other items through the use of the blender and other cutlery.

4 Likes

Do we know what the food you made would do?

iirc it will be used in the ocean expansion

1 Like

Can’t you use cooking to make things that are normal like food like cupcakes and such.
But then you can cook items like a golden version of the metal melon or something.

don’t know if that is still the plan for how it will work though

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of cooking being purely aesthetic or just another way to make a tiny bit of money. It seems like something a lot of players might skip past.

I believe the idea was that after the ocean expansion, you’d be able to make foods and potions that had special effects that’d help you with exploring the ocean or just simply for fun. Being able to craft fancy golden items was just one application of that.

2 Likes