Condo tips and tricks thread

Cup Stacking

4 Likes

what did you use to make that?

I’m guessing you stack several DVD cases on top of eachother. Then starting from the top and working your way down… Place one cup, remove a dvd, place another cup, remove another dvd, and repeat until on the table.

I was actually replying to the older post about the curved couch lol

All you need are two “Wicker Couch Corner” and some “Wicker Couch Straight” props, I decided to give the idea a try myself and it looks pretty neat. When it comes to rotating them, one scroll up/down should make a big enough difference with the angle so it looks good.

2 Likes

Just had an idea that worked pretty well. Use a canvas cut-out which has 50% opacity or so, and put them over glass windows. This lets you change the color of the glass in a cheap way.

3 Likes

You can create some semi-convincing foliage with cutout canvases.

7 Likes

hey thanks for the toast cheers :wink:

This is my idea for a toaster

1 Like

You can make a mean Trellis with the Pergola and some Canvases

Show your green thumb like this

And Building on what @Suburban said…

11 Likes

Cool

This is genius. I will likely be implementing this into my condo.

If you shorten kitchen roll and colour the stick grey, it can make a decent toilet roll and holder:

20200603_101921

2 Likes

If you are building under the condo, you can use the water that is naturally there. This is what I used for my spa, it doesn’t show too well here, but you do swim when you jump in. Just be careful of going too low and teleporting back to spawn.

1 Like

By colouring coasters white or yellow, and then extending them, you can make road markings that you can customise more to your liking, as opposed to the workshop stuff and canvasses:

2 Likes

~1 year bump because messing with existing condo items is cool, and workshop items are lame:

Shot glasses can be scaled up to make glasses of water:

Round display pedestals can be used as decent-looking phone-charging pads:
(for best results, thicker tables may be necessary)

Queue line fences clipped through walls make decent handrails:

Long modern coffee tables can be used to make baseboards:

Works best if you’re trying to replicate vinyl/rubber baseboards. Top edge is also chamfered, giving a cleaner look than canvas cubes/walls.

Cornhole boards rotated 15 degrees (normal scale), with a 0.5 scale wastebin work perfectly as a hole for condo golf courses (if aesthetics aren’t a major priority):

Scaled down and rotated beanbag chairs can be used as pet beds (pretty obvious, but still):

9 Likes

Alright.

Best use, thanks.
Now I have no risk of missing the stairs.

1 Like

You can use flattened grass patches to line up around the edges of a hut’s roof to make it look like it’s made of grass/hay/whatever material they use:

3 Likes

Probably not very practical, but BIG CARROT
(scaled grass patch or tropical bush + carrot)

6 Likes

Snow FX scaled up on the X axis can be used to make a (very laggy) distance fog-like effect

3 Likes

A push volume with an upwards force of 980 can suspend physics objects in midair. This is probably one of the less impressive uses for it, but it can be used to play slightly more entertaining condo soccer as long as the ball doesn’t actually touch the ground.

2 Likes