[Condo I/O] Optimization Volume/Object Data

I’ve been contemplating ways to further enhance the Condo experience, particularly for larger spaces or those densely populated with workshop items and custom content. I understand that there’s discussion about adding a Visibility Volume that toggles object visibility within a designated area. I’d like to propose a complementary concept: the Optimization Volume. This would allow users with lower to medium range hardware as well as higher end hardware to have a more optimized experience in resource intensive condos.

The Optimization Volume would function inversely to the Visibility Volume, allowing users to toggle the visibility of all elements outside the designated area. This feature could significantly streamline performance in larger Condos by selectively rendering only what’s inside the volume. As a result, players could enjoy smoother gameplay without the performance strains caused by excessive objects, NPCs, canvases, and lights outside this specified area.

Moreover, I’d like to suggest an expansion in data tracking within Condos. While Canvas Data is incredibly helpful in optimizing image sizes and downloads, I propose introducing an “Object Data” tab. This tab would catalog workshop furniture, workshop physics items, NPCs, and any other elements utilizing custom models, enabling users to identify and address performance-heavy or slow-to-load components. This transparency would allow players to optimize their Condos more efficiently by understanding which objects contribute most to performance issues.

I believe these additions could significantly benefit Condo builders and users, especially in managing larger or performance-intensive Condos. Thank you for considering these suggestions.