[Condo I/O] Announce Feature

This could be a function/event fired inside the World Control Module or some other means. Basically it would provide you with a text input and color option where you could make announcements in your condo like these but with full control of the text and color:

event example

Additional options could potentially be “Client” or “Server” so you can choose whether the message only appears for the client who triggered it or whether it appears for the whole condo. If it is more simple to just have it announce to all players, the client announcements could be an option for a future IO update.

Dynamic variable
You could implement a variable within the text input like %username% for example you could have it announce the event dynamically based on which client fired the event such as “Mr. Cash found the treasure!” (%username% found the treasure!) or player specific messages like (Hello %username%! Welcome to my condo!)

Why:

This feature would be nice for a custom welcome message for players who spawn in, letting the server know an event is going to start or just announcing something for example if someone beat a surf level or solved a puzzle it would give a more automated way to communicate things with people in your condo or provide information such as condo shutdown, restart, rules, tips, helpful information, etc. By implementing this feature, condos gain the functionality of broadcasting events and essential information, elevating their usefulness and interactivity similar to the plaza area.

DOPE :+1:

Make this happen.

1 Like

This was on my want list, but I can start to get these features out faster now.

6 Likes