Condo Contest! [August 2019] [Results]

Happy Monday, everyone! It’s time for another Condo Contest - and this time there’s no theme! I wanna see what you guys can make with pretty much no boundaries! Simply start something from scratch and make sure it’s posted in the replies by Monday. I’d love to see something unique and creative - if you want, add in some lore/story, a description, etc. Make a video tour like That New Condo if you’re feeling extra creative!

Entries close on Monday 19th August. We’ll announce the winners on Tuesday 20th August.

Prizes

• 1st Place - 200,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 100,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 75,000 Units

Rules

• Must be something from scratch - you can’t submit something you started before this post was made.
  • Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)
  • Must post at least 3 pictures of your condo.

How To Submit

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest.
  • Also please include your Steam ID in the submission so we can award you the Units if you win!

Best of luck everyone! Expect to see more of these events in the future!

31 Likes

Oh boy!

2 Likes

WOOP WOOP
LET’S GO TO WORK BOYS!

very exciting stuff

2 Likes

i’m not mentally ready oh god help

2 Likes

Not much of a condo builder, haven’t made a condo at all. But now I’m motivated to start building my first full condo.

Best of luck to everyone!

6 Likes

I might participate I just hope I don’t win haha(Already have everything in truck loads). This is what we need though, official contests! Great job on the new Community Manager and putting to good use :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn, I can’t submit my lobby one restoration

4 Likes

@ThisIsntNath Would submitting a build from scratch, but retconning the rest of the pre-existing buildings due to being built on the same condo map be allowed?
For example; I already have things built on the default condo, but if I were to build a seperate area miles away from all that for the competition, would this be acceptable?

I ask only because all condo maps I own have builds in them already.

Couldn’t you use condo snapshots to avoid this?

1 Like

sometimes that can be broken and make your builds get slightly broken between snapshots (or at least from what i heard from people)
so people tend to only do one snapshot per condo map

I’ve refused to use snapshots ever since my last project got corrupted and was entirely destroyed.

Hmm, might make another Ball Race course for this…

2 Likes

Sure. As long as everything visible was placed and made during the competition time.

3 Likes

would a video count as well?

Hi. I wanted to suggest something about the prize pool. 200k units is a good prize for the first community contest but I think later ones should give 1st place between at least 600k to 1 million units or have gold catsacks as prizes. You’re able to make 200k in about 2 and a half to 3 hours if you grind bowling/minigame events or ballrace. I’m not trying to sound rude about this, just giving my two cents :slightly_smiling_face:
Another thing: there should be a separate thread for submissions so people can still discuss the contests in the announcement thread. It would make it easier to look at the submissions without text between each post that is unrelated

8 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

oh shit i did not see that : |

2 Likes

i feel maybe giving units as a prize is alright…
but i really do like the idea you gave of gold catsacks being a prize, those can a be a pain to get since the only ways to get them are rng based.

2 Likes

Let’s make some money!

Don’t think I’ll be joining this time but thank you for hosting this contest.

I’m very excited to see people’s submissions.

3 Likes