Category rounds (random or voted)

Trivia should have themed rounds by category. This could be done by having the players vote on the category like with map voting, or by just having the game select one randomly like Spin to Win.

Since there are two trivia rooms maybe one could keep having random questions and the other could be the one that does category rounds.

(Idea stolen and adapted from friend)

I love this idea. Since there seems to be a lot of categories, maybe it gives you a small (5-6?), random selection of categories to vote on? Otherwise I imagine votes would be so spread out it would just always be choosing randomly from peopleā€™s votes anyways.

Maybe also a ā€˜randomā€™ option people can vote for which either picks a random one from the selection or picks a random category every question like normal, in case people want that option.

2 Likes

I agree it should be a small random selection to choose from rather than the whole list. It could still then pick randomly from what was voted by weighing the options by how many people chose them.

A ā€˜randomā€™ option could be ā€œAll Categoriesā€, which if selected would give questions from all categories like it does now.

I believe this may have been suggested before, but Iā€™m all for it regardless.

Thereā€™s nothing quite like getting an anime question when Iā€™ve never watched any in my life. Iā€™ve been to many arcades with real-life trivia games similar to Towerā€™s, and some have preset categories that the host can pick. You can have an entire game of all sports questions, all video game questions, all history, etc.

Of course, all random categories would still be a must-have (as the game currently works.) Itā€™s still a fine way to play the game for those that want to, but being able to specify categories would allow people with no knowledge in some subjects to have a fair chance.

1 Like