Camping spot in Catzek Temple - please nerf?

There’s a great camping spot for survivors in Catzek Temple where you can huddle up atop a cliff at the side of the map opposite the tents. You can only get up through one way, effectively funneling infected into one space to open fire on. You can also sit behind the nearby launchpad to juke infected into launching themselves back to the temple. In almost every round I’ve played where people used this spot survivors have won, and in about half of them, less than half of the players were infected by the end of the game.

This kind of ruins the fun of the map in my opinion; my favorite quality of it is that these kind of overpowered camping spots don’t really exist, so it’s unfortunate that people are largely just camping in this one spot now. Please nerf?

I feel camping is gonna happen on any Virus map as that is inherently a part of surviving, but this area is quite bad for it.

Still feel a softball solution is to just give patient zero (first infected) an ability that can fuck with camping spots like this, or with players clumping together in general. Like a bile ranged attack that detonates after a short period of time that can infect players that stay near it. Basically a way to force them to reposition otherwise be infected.

1 Like

I mean in Catzek Temple camping wasn’t a thing at first because this spot hadn’t been found yet. Corrosion also doesn’t really have any great camping spots. Survivors group up together in these maps still but I think there’s a stark difference between moving in a group rather than just standing in one spot for the entire round.

A ranged attack would help with older maps where it’s probably harder to patch out overpowered camping spots but I don’t think it’s needed to fix this spot specifically. Like I don’t think it’d be too insane of a change to add more ways to get up this cliff or add more obstructions to make it less survivor friendly.

3 Likes

I agree that this spot is a mood killer, I played a game were one player almost never got infected because they stood in that spot. Maybe a simple plank ramp or something to that effect would solve the problem. That way they don’t have to alter the map in any way and it would give an alternate way to get up there.

3 Likes

I’ll see what I can do, this part has the same camp-ability as Hospital’s old waiting area.

2 Likes