Bring VR to tower unite (i know it's too early now)

VR thread, my time to shine.

Au contraire! The PSVR is the most affordable consumer-oriented VR coming in at $399, whilst the obviously more expensive (but oh-so-much-better) PC solutions are the Oculus Rift at $599 (without touch controllers) and the HTC Vive coming in at a hot $799. However, if you’re into niche headsets, you might be interested in the OSVR HDK 2, at a low $399, for a 2K headset. It’s not bad at all, and entirely open source, but not widely supported either.

I’ve played Tower in VR, back when it was not blocked natively, and it’s a really cool experience. Virus is much more fast paced and fun, and just walking around the boardwalk was absolutely breathtaking. You don’t know how absolutely massive the tower is without seeing it with your own two eyes. Exploring people’s condo is super engaging and everything they build is stunning. (JesusFreak’s condo is crazy insane).

Would it work in VR? Sure. Is it easy? heck no. Lots of things would have to be redone or rebuilt, and in some cases entire gamemodes would have to be reimagined with VR in mind (Ballrace was abysmal in VR, unfortunately), not to mention an entire UI overhaul just for people with VR headsets, because the current main menu is literally plastered to your face.

If you want info on TU in VR (because it’s been discussed QUITE A BIT (especially by me)) see these threads:

Especially see this one:

1 Like