Bring back them Idlescreens!

Title. ^

For anyone unaware, back on GMT, I believe Massaki made a ton of Idlescreens for the theatre for when nothing was in queue.

1 Like

Isn’t that a whole different thing than theatre idlescreens?

4 Likes

^ Honestly yeah? I don’t see how it shouldn’t work when it should just load when someone enters the theatre.

I must’ve missed that. I just got home from drinking

2 Likes

Yeah pretty sure idlescreens are possible, and it has been suggested a couple times in the past. Still gets my vote every time though :stuck_out_tongue:

Theatres are a lot more isolated now than in Lobby 1 (Which is what I think of when I think of idlescreens), I think it would be great to have little screens around the plaza, and/or a central screen that might have some other stuff included too, high scores and the like (I recall there was a similar main screen in GMT’s Lobby 1, I think it had patch notes? It was in the right corner of the fountain area). I’ve always loved the general idea of there being a dedicated Tower TV broadcast/newspaper or something similar, and this would be a cool thing to bring back.

I did some surface research; there hasn’t been a dedicated idlescreen suggestion thread in years, and in 2016 Mac said they were “probably going to bring them back, but not yet", not sure where that leaves us now.

I think the main issue isn’t just implementing the screens, but more-so devoting resources to creating nice graphics/cinematics each month, finding non-copyrighted fitting music, etc. when there’s so many things that always need work and attention.

6 Likes

Woah, these are really cool. I’d love to work on this if possible.

10 Likes

Do it no balls

2 Likes

It’s official, Idlescreen is coming to Tower Unite. Thanks for the suggestion!

6 Likes