Bring back the gmodtower pvp

I don’t really know the excact name of it anymore but i do remember it being a lot of fun, i hope to see it back in full glory (maybe even better) with people being to buy a lot of weapons (sorry for bad english)

Was the pvp sessions in GMT even that popular? I only vaguely remember them

2 Likes

It’s planned to come back as Slaughterday Night Live, though there may be some significant differences. I do remember there was discussion about picking weapons up like Quake rather than starting out with all of them, but I don’t really think anything’s been confirmed yet.

11 Likes

I have a feeling it might be a bit more fun like that, I wouldnt expect everyone to be having a good time, knowing that others might start with objectively better weapons.

3 Likes

and kill before they even get better weapon

1 Like

This too ^^^^^^^^

My problem with GMT PVP was that if you didn’t have money, you didn’t have good guns. If you didn’t have good guns you didn’t stand a fighting chance.

With all the guns on the floor, you can find one and not have to buy one with a loadout or something. Everyone has the best and the worst guns, all at the same time.

2 Likes

It’s wasn’t actually hard to get cash

What mattered was that it took time to get those guns and even then they costed a lot. It wasn’t a fun experience of having to play other things in order to play something you want.

The new idea is fun and fair, if you guys played any Quake games then you will understand it won’t be “x got the best weapons first so it’s impossible now”.

1 Like

The major problem I found with the economy in GMT was that you were either super rich or dirt poor, playing games only paid out so much and everything was sort of expensive.

Also, how would you know one way or the other?

4 Likes

I did see people play it a lot now and then and it was a lot of fun in my opninion

SDNL Seems like it’ll make a fine successor.

1 Like

I personally liked the ability to buy weapons before starting the game. Most of them were balanced and I got to the top three on the leaderboard multiple times with the starter weapons, so I don’t see why other people can’t.

1 Like

the guns wern’t really expensive at all
they were some of the first things i ever bought, i think the most expensive gun was like 2000 or 4000 gmc

Guns should be available for everyone with no cost. Balance is important. The quake, spawning gun system, is a better system. If anything, maybe have skins for the different guns you can purchase instead. So anyone can pick up an RPG on the map if they get to it first, but if you wanted to have a rainbow painted RPG be your RPG, you could buy that perhaps.

In SDNL (new PvP), you will pick up weapons on the map, instead of buying them.

1 Like