Brightness option

I don’t know why nobody has issues with the brightness of the game when its night or indoors, the game can be really dark sometimes, and when i use my flashlight its way too bright, so i see blackness with in the middle a bright white dot.
can there be something done against this like changing the brightness of the flashlight or a game brightness option?

thank

2 Likes

I feel the flashlight is too bright.
and I think you mean gamma.

Gamma is not the same as brightness.
This is a picture taken in minecraft as an example

This is what it looks like with extra gamma

This is the same picture with brightness set to full

It might be hard to tell, but the picture with extra gamma looks a lot more white, despite being around the same brightness as the other picture. Gamma can be used to increase brightness, but it makes colors less powerful, and generally makes it look worse.

6 Likes

That’s because I use a TN LED monitor and there is no direct light source shining onto it. The devs most likely have similar setups and don’t have any issues either. On a TFT panel brightness is a much bigger problem. I remember playing Minecraft years ago on a TFT Monitor and I had to turn up the brightness all the way to actually see something at night.
But yeah of course I support your idea. However its implementation is quite unlikely at the moment.

Btw your suggestion is a duplicate:

1 Like

how nice that you own a cool led monitor, only not everyone has one.
i don’t know how expensive they are, but i’m not going to buy an entirely new monitor just because one game is a bit dark. (i’m fine with any other game.)

also i did look around the forums for the word brightness but i didn’t think about searching for the word optimization, so i don’t know how you found that thread now, oops.
EDIT: i do recognise that thread but i don’t really think anything was done with it, i’ll look around the trello for signs.

1 Like

Yeah it really does seem too dark, the only other game i play and struggle to see in is Rust but that’s a game where the darkness is part of surviving. Maybe increasing the brightness on the lights around the Plaza would fix it without adding a brightness slider?