Better Item Snap origin points for Canvas Torus

When I first started playing around with the canvas toruses I was hoping there’d be snap points to set the item’s origin to the center of the flat bits of the half/quarter/eighth divisions (like the image below), since that’d make it way easier to connect toruses together and form snaking wires or worms and whatnot.

Although the item does have multiple snap origin points, none of them do that. And I think there should be some that do. Because it would be good

Apparently this is actually a thing:

I swear I went through every single snap point and was unable to find one that did this last night, but I guess maybe one of the patches added this or my copy of the game was cursed to temporarily not have this or something. Pretty cool either way though

EDIT: After looking into this for one whole extra minute, it turns out the snap points are actually designed to ONLY work with radius set to 2, but are offset and basically useless for 1 and 3, which explains why I could not find this last night since I wasn’t using that specific radius.

The Snap Points change, but it seems there’s a bug with it updating the Points to use. After selecting the radius, turn off Item Snapping and turn it back on.

The Item Snapping system wasn’t built to dynamically change the item slots (that’s been an item limitation) so the workaround isn’t obvious right now.

2 Likes