Being drunk should distort sound

Drunkness should distort the sound you hear (depending on how drunk you are). This would really add to Booze Bash and make it a little different from Fruit Frenzy, as the higher points the more wavy and weird the music gets. And people voice chat be like uuaaaAAAhhhh dddrUUnnKk duUDe

There’d be a lot less insentive to drink I suppose if you can’t understand what anyone is saying, but I’d still like this.

Why people on these forums can talk only about improving vomits and drunk mode?

there are more important things to improve, yet people want to improve alcoholism in this game…?

huh.

4 Likes

in gmt it already distorted sound and it made for a surreal out-of-this world experience

+1

4 Likes

GMT was known as “Glorified Alcoholism Simulator” for a short time.

There’s always gonna be more important things to fix in the game. If small things like this don’t get attention, then Tower Unite feels like a giant feature blockout with little polish. Small things like this make sure that the parts of the game that work well feel well too. It’s an important part of user experience.

8 Likes

I’m up for this 100%
And after all my opinion is better than any one else’s, since my opinion is worth 1 million people’s opinions

1 Like

I wanted to do it (there’s a lot of sound-filtered stuff I want to do actually) but currently the only “filter” you can globally apply to audio in this unreal version is the radio/phone filter. I know in later versions there’s more functionality, so we’ll just have to wait until we upgrade fully.

7 Likes

I don’t want to live on these forums anymore.

:baby:

What if it made chat messages all wobbly like some NPCs?

7 Likes

I’d like some elements of the UI to change, such as spelling. An example would be Units, which would be spelled Unetz.

2 Likes

An easy workaround for the moment would be to distort the player’s chat messages. Like hiccups every few words, replaced syllables and the wobbly text effect. I remember a Gmod Server that had a similar version of this.

E.g
I’m drunk, you don’t have an excuse.

Ahm drohnk, yooh dahn’t *hic* ave an yxcohse

I feel like this should happen after the character is very drunk (3-4) drinks, cause a beer ain’t gonna make you talk like a crazy drunk scottish man

4 Likes

In global just show the text as slightly shaky but still stays normal what they said
Then do what sem said above in local chat

And I would love to have a slight drunk overlay to all the sound

That’s it. I’m going to press K in real life.

1 Like

boy I’m totally up for this, TU’s drunk effect definitely feels not as cool as GMT’s one.
Gotta hope TU’s unreal engine is updated enough for that now!

Unfortunately the reason this has not happened yet is because distorting sounds in real time is currently broken in Unreal Engine 4. It works if you have an NVidia card, but the feature crashes your game if you’re an AMD user. Unreal has yet to fix it so we had to disable sound distortion features.

Is it because the required DSP routines use CUDA shit?

wow, that’s so lame. But hope it’s gonna get fixed sooner