Ballrace mutator/ mini mode idea

The premise is pretty simple. Its normal ballrace, but with 2 teams.

The goal is for teams to finish the fastest, team with the lowest overall time wins.

But theres a catch: collisions, if you ran into a person on the oppisite team, you could try and knock them off, maybe there could be a reflect effect added onto the balls for additional chaos.

May i have opinions on why this would/ wouldnt work?

i like the idea of 2 teams of expert speedrunners fighting to finish the fastest but the collisions are not a good idea. In an ideal game with skilled players, both teams would be taking the exact same route. Collisions would ruin being able to do skips without some other guy getting in your way. one team member could just stand in the way of a fast path, blocking the team from finishing just to be annoying (and screwing his team at the same time since hes spending so much time standing still. I would leave collisions as its own mutator.

3 Likes

i think the point of the collisions is exactly that- make those crazy skips hard, standing in the way means you risk getting slammed into and knocked off the map, ect.

2 Likes

Mario party bumper balls 2.0

2 Likes

Please no, I still have nightmares about that minigame.

1 Like

if this gets added I will make sure every game I host has it and I will keep inviting you to the games

1 Like