Ball Race Time Trial / Starting from Individual Levels / Restart Button / Other Suggestions for Speedrunning

I often try to get the fastest time I can when I play ball race, it’s a very fun thing to do. When I was playing Ball Race the other day though, I got myself wishing there was some sort of time trial mode for each individual level in every Ball Race map, where you could just play one level over and over again until you get a time that you’re satisfied with.

I could very closely compare this idea to something one of my favourite speedrun games, Portal 2, has. There’s an in-game challenge mode for each individual level in the game, your best time automatically gets saved to a fan-made IL leaderboard (thanks to a plugin). Since the first step has already been done (having leaderboards on the individual levels), it would be cool to be able to play them over and over again as well (with a restart bind pls). I think it would lead to more intense competition in the Ball Race speedrunning community, and it would lead to strats being perfected.

For when you play the full map, it could be cool for the leaderboard to display the times for the full map. But let me know your thoughts on that.

For implementation in the main menu, I think I’d have the map selector on the top of the screen with arrows beside it (they would switch the maps), and have all the levels listed under it with pictures of the level on the side of the screen when you click on it. That’s just an idea though, you could most-likely come up with something better hahah.

I also saw this on one of the other posts here, but I’ll mention it here, just in case. It would be really cool to have a restart bind even for the full map (probably only in single-player lol), since it is quite annoying to go back to the main menu and start another single-player lobby up just to repeat the same map. This could be useful for no-death playthroughs, speedruns, or just any other uses overall.

Make sure to upvote if you agree, comment why if you don’t. Thank you for reading.

This is pretty much obsolete since I’m pretty sure the community of Ball Race have their own tracked times and leaderboards. Pretty sure the leaderboards are actually accurate in the game and display the right times without anyone hacking as of right now… I think. Don’t take my word on that.

Just because the Ball Race community has their own tracked times and what not, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be added. Kind of like saying it shouldn’t be added because a site like speedrun.com exists and has times.

Its just an opinion dude but knowing the Ball Race community they wouldnt use it because of their tracked times plus the game has a leaderboard lol

The individual level leaderboards are perfectly fine. My suggestion was to have a feature that lets you play one level over and over again with a restart bind to try and get the best time. Since if you wanted to speedrun Khromidro level 7 right now, you’d have to start up the map and finish 6 levels to get your attempt at it. There’s more that I said, but that’s the main idea.

Ah I see. Sorry I probably read it wrong. Yeah that does sound way more easier then having to do the whole map over and over again.