BabyBlue's MiniMart - W.I.P Condo Tour - [Art Studio]

BabyBlue’s MiniMart

BEFORE YOU CONTINUE: Some Imagery/Language may be NSFW

Nothing is meant to offend and text/images are in jest. Some jokes and drawings are immature, no nudity or anything just some bad language and suggestive stuff.

A few things to note:

• This is an unfinished condo, some things are bare or crudely made.
  • Lighting may be dark, I like to keep my condos kinda dim.
  • There are some typos and other small mistakes throughout
  • There were gaps between when some images were made and I was learning along the way so there isn’t much consistency in quality.
  • My store fixtures were made before we just got that wave of store oriented items.

With Workshop, fine rotation, canvas walls, glass panels and teleporters all right around the corner, I feel like the condo building game is going to change. I wanted to show off my Pre-(0.6.0.0) before I did an overhaul.

The following is a walk through tour of my Art Studio condo I have converted into a Mini-Mart with an attached Outdoor Plaza.

Any of the products/drawings/characters you see I made as I was practicing photoshop and drawing. Before Tower I had little experience in either area and its been a great way to get some practice with quick gratification by adding things I made to my condo.

Part 1: Outdoor Plaza

Bus Station
Players first arrive at the Mini-Mart plaza bus station. There are a few characters sitting around and the wall has some grafitti and posters. The station overlooks the town square and is above the Mini-Mart entrance.

Outdoor Plaza
Exiting the Bus Station Players enter the outdoor plaza area. I tried to emulate an exterior despite the Art Condo not really having one. Under the station is the Mini-Mart entrance. Across the plaza is a rough attempt at a house with a small yard featuring a waterfall. The plaza gives you a nice view into the bus station and Mini-Mart office.

Bird House
Tucked in one of the trees is a tiny-potion hangout.

Part 2: Mini-Mart

This is the main focus of the condo. I tried to create a decent amount of unique textures to populate the walls and shelves in the store. The layout features a few aisles, produce and frozen goods sections, a deli with second story dining and lounge area, and a check out counter. Shoutout to @BotDan for the laser projector text code, that was one of the things I wanted as soon as I saw the update laser projectors customization.

Entrance
Connecting to the plaza, beneath the bus station.

First Floor

Deli
The Deli letters appear under the blocks for visitors and I can not wait until the day canvases stop fighting to stay ontop of objects.

Food Court/Customer Lounge above Deli
The Customer Lounge has some of my older drawings along the walls.

Check Out Counter
A lot of these fixtures I tried to make look like they’re from Roblox and need an overhaul.

Freezer Section
I made this before they added the actual cooler shelf item.

Second Floor
The stairs behind the counter lead to the second floor, which is where an employee room and Executive office are.

Employee Room
Very barebones at the moment, flows into the main office.

Executive Office
This is probably my favorite part of the condo, even while unfinished. The fireplace is all canvas blocks, and the aquarium is actually done with a projector. Once Fishing is in and we can have home aquariums it can be replaced. This room also offers a good overview of the store and a peak at the plaza (including the interior of the Bird House).

Products
Here is a closer look at the products. Not all are depicted, but just to give an idea. A lot of them have stupid little jokes throughout them and some of the names are really dumb. I tried to make each from scratch in photoshop besides some small elements, and its been good practice. Most have unique price tags with more dumb jokes. One thing I really want is canvas cubes with custom faces, would have made this way easier.

Sales Posters

Shirts
These are crude but I liked the idea, the shelving is very crude.

Food

Tobacco Products
These I was most happy with.

Bonus shots

And thats it.

Like I said, very crude but I wanted to show it off before Workshop changes everything. Let me know what you guys think! Tell me if anything in particular looks good. Any critiques or advice is totally welcome. Thanks for lookin!

32 Likes

Looking great, just wait until we have workshop items :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Even though its W.I.P, this condo is better than any condos I’ve ever made.

3 Likes

That was a fun trip through your super market, really loved all the small details and parodies of food brands! Really looking forward to what you can accomplish with custom models and time.

1 Like

Amazing!

Love seeing things like this in Tower Unite.

2 Likes

Very well done, I appreciate the detail in making fake products and such.

2 Likes

hey that’s really nice

3 Likes

Apologies for the double comment, but I had no idea that this was art studio. Holy shit! I couldn’t even recognize it.

2 Likes

Haha thanks! I love it when people transform condos to the point you can barely recognize them! That’s exactly what I was going for. It’ll be easier to modify condo layouts when we have those canvas walls.

And thanks to everyone else for the feedback!

1 Like

That’s Really cool. good job!
:new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

Really love the detail in your condo

2 Likes

ATTENTION MiniMart CUSTOMERS:

It is with a heavy heart that I announce today that, after reviewing footage of MiniMart’s recent grand opening, we have in fact found evidence of criminal activity in the store.

MM_WantedPoster

The suspect depicted above is accused of smuggling produce out of the store. His name and current location are unknown, but if anyone has any information we urge you to call the number listed above.

Due to this recent event we have had to increase security measures at the store. From this point forward customer receipts are required to be reviewed before exiting the store. A MiniMart security employee can be found at the exit, and will guide customers through the process.

The produce section will also be closed for the remainder of the investigation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We thank everyone for their continued support in these trying times.

8 Likes