[as of 0.1.0.8] Minigolf can't shoot bug

During some of my sessions in playing minigolf, I will encounter times where me and my friends have to wait a long period of time (30 seconds to 1 minute or so) until you can take your next shot. This has become very common when I am the host, but still happens to many others who host as well.

Reply if anyone would like more details.

I am not aware of any way to duplicate the bug, but if necessary I can friend somebody that needs to see it and host a game of minigolf; It’s likely that it’ll happen again.

My apologies if this has already been reported or if you are already aware of this bug. I’m just hoping it will be fixed soon. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I can confirm this.

1 Like

I encounter this a lot. What fixes this for me, is I zoom as close as I can to the ball (or tilt the camera to where it’s close to the ball). If I see the yellow triangle around the ball, I know I’m good to shoot. If not, I left click and right click a couple of times.

Got the bug a few times here, too. Mostly happens on the garden map. If I lower the camera to the ground while unable to shoot, it looks like the ball is vibrating in place.

So it’s physics related then?

I think it has been helping before 0.1.0.8, too. It’s annoying when you’re accused of AFK for it. ._.

I have a strong feeling it may be related to the P2P connection system that they use. It’s a bug that needs to be worked around this system, because I still like the idea of using it; It’s more convenient. It’s also the only way to make the game work in the way it does, otherwise it would require for somebody to host a network for each game mode and would work similarly to GMT, and you’d have to wait for each group to come back.