'Arcade Mode' for people that just want to chill

Even if it had to be friends only, or didn’t generate in-game currency for playing, a mode where you start with all the upgrades would be fun; especially due to reducing competition to flat scores rather than stressing over one player taking all the kills and therefore being unable to afford upgrades

It would also help generate feedback on the effectiveness of each class…

As it stands, the order for most effective on days 1-5 are Survivor > Doctor > Journalist > Electrician > Mercenary > Scientist.

On day 6, Survivor jumps to the front if you use it right, and if you pair it with other classes it can outperform the Electrician on days 1-5.

Scientist however never leaves the bottom spot - it can assist other classes, but it’s just the worst overall.
Fully upgraded, it can at least help.

Well I think instead of implementing a mode where everyone is OP, which wouldn’t be necessary since ZM is already really easy and needs balancing work, I’d say just balance the classes out so there’s not one class that just dumpsters everything and hogs all the points.
I’d say the balancing right now is very clearly like;

S Tier:
Survivor (basically unkillable, wrecks everything with shield, blade trap is objectively better than black hole and orbital beacon)
Electrician (turret gets a massive score just because of how big the radius is and how many zombies it can shoot down quickly, tesla zap is powerful too)

A Tier:
Doctor (makes everyone even more unkillable while still being able to make good points through blood transfusion)

B Tier:
Journalist (arguably the most well balanced class, has good capabilities but isn’t OP, while still not being complete garbage)

C Tier:
Mercenary (doesn’t do anything that survivor and electrician can do better, auto aim should upgrade in damage alongside time, give orbital beacon AOE damage or something)

F Tier:
Scientist (black hole radius is insignificant even when maxed and doesn’t outpreform blade trap in terms of ability to kill things, explosive flasks literally can’t kill anything at close range and doesn’t deal enough damage to compensate for how unwieldy it is)

I think just balancing it so that all the classes are roughly equal in terms of abilities to earn points is the best option, that way people can do whatever without having to worry about someone hogging all the kills because they picked electrician/survivor. Just having more zombies in each wave would also help, that way everybody would have something to kill instead of competing for the same kills.

1 Like

Mmm. While I’d say the electrician is pretty good for getting your start going, at full power I’d still say it’s weaker than journalist due to being less-instant and more prone to getting swamped as a result.

With that full power though, which is what I was thinking of, an arcade mode would allow them to easily ramp up the difficulty/amount of zombies without it being too much of a drag.

Although yeah, the scientist just… cannot hold its own, at full or any other power.