Arcade machines suggestion

Here are some of the classic arcade machine game ideas that would fit perfectly into arcade and wouldn’t be too hard to realize:

1. Space shooter game
    :arrow_right: inspired by the likes of Space Invaders, Galaga, and Satan of Saturn
    Example video - “Satan of Saturn”

2. Racing game
    :arrow_right: inspired by the classic arcade machines which included a wheel as a controller
    Example: 2D style - single screen - “American Speedway”
    Example: 2D style - vertical scroller - “Crazy Rally”
    Example: (Primitive) 3D style - “F-Zero”

3. Platformer game
    :arrow_right: inspired by the 80’s single-screen platformer arcade games
    Example video - “Arabian”

I believe Pixeltail already has a set of arcade videogames decided. However, they plan on providing support for custom arcade videogames.

1 Like

I hope a space shooter type of game is among these decided games, and possibly a racing game such as Crazy Rally, as many of the current arcade games don’t have the replayability of these classic arcades that I seek, at least for me personally.

1 Like

They’ve previously shown off some of the 2D games and, I can’t remember for sure, but I think a space shooter may have been one of them. It’s been awhile though, so I could be mistaken, so take that with a huge grain of salt.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s a 2(?)-player space shooter called Galaxy Time. It’s gonna be in phase 4 of the arcade though, so it’ll be a while before it’s added:
https://trello.com/c/jNBBrshJ/543-arcade-phase-4

4 Likes

Ok, yeah, I was thinking that was the one but couldn’t remember for sure

Now that LibRetro support has been added to Tower for custom Arcade cabinets, I still feel this has place to exist in the game, and hopefully the idea of custom Arcade machines with their own custom game-maker as has been once shown and all that is not dropped. If anything, adding this would add so much more fun and longevity to Condos, having full fledged LibRetro and some of the actual Arcade cabinets + the other non-LibRetro ones. I’m honestly all in for this kind of thing.

As far as I could see, we got knock offs of The House of the Dead and Smash TV, and I’m sure I saw another knock off of a game I recognize.

We would also need more kinds of machines to have one bike racing game, with the option to set it to a water bike or a horse for custom ones (yes, they exist)

2 Likes