Any plans to bring Elevator: Source to the Vive?

See: topic

It seems like the Vive was made for that game.

4 Likes

This would be hilarious and although I don’t have VR hardware I think this is a great idea. :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

From a sticky. With “READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION” literally in the title.

EDIT: Ooops, misread this threads title. :astonished: Nevermind!

1 Like

That’s the Tower Unite FAQ, the OP is asking about a completely different project they worked on.

Sorry, corrected. Seems like ironically, I myself am unable to read titles correctly sometimes.

1 Like

Holy shit, we need this.

I don’t see this happening, although it would be nice to see (even though I don’t own VR hardware) as they have already stated that they are done with GMod and the source engine in general. Also, all their resources are pumped into developing Tower Unite, so even if it was a thing, I don’t see it happening for a long time.

Pretty sure he means make elevator into a standalone game since I don’t think source supports vive (correct me if I’m wrong).

That floor where the elevator ground disappears would be fuckin’ terrifying in the Vive :fearful:

Yeah, it doesn’t.

Would be cool but it’s not possible. Source doesn’t support VR. They’d have to remake the whole game.

Source 2013 does support Oculus Rift. (Source) Since TU will support seated VR, The devs might be looking into the relevant tech already.

I can’t find any info on the HTC Vive, I guess we’ll have to wait another few weeks months years decades Valve-Times for Source 2 SDK to release so Valve is finally back in the Game Engine biz. Not that I was looking forward to this happening since half a decade ago… b-baka…

If Valve goes full Valve, there might be some Source-2-Source2 conversion tools, I can also see the community making those. Best case: It’s a simple conversion. Worst case: Remake.

1 Like