Any chance to bring back Condo OS?

I really liked Condo OS when Gmod Tower Lobby 2 was released. I was just wondering if you could bring back Condo OS when you add the party option in condos. I think this is what it would look like.

Btw i took these photos like 3 months ago.

Also i have to give credit to Jordan for giving me the cutouts of the Condo OS panel and backround. You can get the cutouts of the Condo OS and other stuff here: The ultimate Garrysmod Tower (and Tower Unite) condo resource. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the devs said a while ago that they’re planning on bringing it back.

Wait so did you take them or not

2 Likes

I think he means the CondOS canvas cutout was made by Jordan, and he took the photos.

@CarbonCopyCat You are right

I would honestly love condOS to come back but I’m pretty sure this has been suggested multiple times. If you’re wondering why they got rid of condOS it is because they replaced it with the C menu, although once again I would love for them to bring it back!

3 Likes

It is already confirmed that they are bringing it back, but whatever.
I strongly prefer CondoOS over some simple C menu. But you should still be able to use the C menu for quick access, CondoOS would just be a neat little feature.

4 Likes

What was CondOS? I never got much playtime with GMT.

It was a 3D, physical version of Tower Unite’s C key menu on a wall-mounted tablet next to the entrance door. Definetly one of GMod Tower’s coolest features.

2 Likes

From the pictures, that looks like it was really cool. Almost PS3-like XMB interface. That’d be so cool to have to control things.

3 Likes

It was pretty cool indeed. When looking at all the icons, each of them was a button, and they are in order:

Locking and Unlocking Condo
various Settings (like condo name, CondoOS background)
Camera that watches what is happening infront of your door
Condo Music
Guest Management where you could kick and ban guests from your condo
I don’t even remember what the clock one was
and those bottles probably meant starting a party.

Because now we are in UE4, CondoOS can become even better than it was in GMT.

1 Like

Why not have C bring up CondOS? It could even have a little animation of you pulling out a tablet with CondOS on it

5 Likes

That could be the C menu once CondoOS becomes a thing, for quick access. But that idea is cool

3 Likes