Announcing Community Condos

May I ask what this means? does it mean you’ll be adding more plaza-styled condo designs to buy?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

does this mean that we cant host lobby servers anymore?

1 Like

That is the plan, the reasons behind this is explained in the original post.

1 Like

very nice i like this much more than the custom lobbies actually

i guess that only leaves how workshop would change then… if anything my guess would just be sub to the addon and get the item immediately in-game for all i can figure

2 Likes
3 Likes

good

1 Like

Very cool! Considering these are customizable, I’m guessing they’ll be able to have their own currency systems too?

1 Like

Now I can help others more easy if they got a issue with the whole build.

You could even set up a competition of who can build the most insert category here build

5 Likes

Not be really useful to my condo,
but i would really like to build in others condo’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would actually be kind of cool. It’d make for a nice replacement for the whole unranked lobby thing imo.

2 Likes

oh man as if there weren’t amazing condo’s already
now there’ll be more than one person working on them!!

4 Likes

This was generally the best move to go with. I saw no reason to have community lobbies and I’ll be sure that they won’t really attract much attention.

Community condos in the other hand makes sense.

I do have 1 question though, are we able to change our condos names? It would make sense to do so.

2 Likes

Ingenious. I love you Pixeltail!

2 Likes

Good idea! As a potential host of these new dedicated servers, I’ve got some questions.
By default UE4 does not support multiple game session instances in one process. Hence will you still be able to add some form of automation which allows us to add multiple condo “slots”? I imagine that’s how it’s supposed to work?
Also will you still be able to support Steam Cloud Saves on dedicated condo servers?

And finally, is there any intention for adding a gameworld matchmaking system (with a central server host) or allowing the community to host game sessions on dedicated servers?

2 Likes

So basically this is us creating our own lobbies, in the form of condo type editing. I wonder if we can edit things like slot machines and make our own version of the Tower if we want to… this could get interesting.

1 Like

Sounds great! Thanks a lot Pixeltail! :smiley:

1 Like

this is perfect.

2 Likes

So how will this work? I’m unfamiliar with dedicated hosting.

1 Like

With steamcmd I believe.

1 Like