Announcing Community Condos

You can use the trello to track progress. They also talk about what they are working on in the weekly dev log.

3 Likes

Judging by the open tasks I’d say this takes at least 3 more months, if not more. (If they continue working at this speed on this task.)

Personally I look forward to it, and I totally understand that this is not an easy task!

2 Likes

But I noticed that the developers always start a lot at once and never really bring one, 100% to an end

1 Like

Because right now we are working on the backend for this feature, which needs to be solid before continuing. I’m also busy working on Fishing and we have a low amount of programmers, so we can’t bounce back and forth between different projects. Once Fishing is out of the way it’ll free up my time again.

For example, Achievements sat there for a while because the backend was being developed and once that got finished you can see the features for it start to get rapidly completed.

13 Likes

Wow, video games? Actually taking time to make with a dev team of around 8 people? That is unacceptable!

10 Likes

You guys need to hurry yo ass up! I know it is a small team and I can’t even imagine how hard it is to make but I expect you to make the entirety of Minecraft in a single day AT THE VERY LEAST!

If you hadn’t realised, this is satire. I know nobody said that but I have seen it in other games

5 Likes

simon201 is new to TU it seems, so they probably don’t know the size of the dev team behind it and they most likely wouldn’t know the reason development bounces around rather than starting and finishing development on one thing 100% at once which some other game devs probably do (or maybe don’t, idk myself really).
even though new TU players may ask questions like this, i feel its best not to respond in a rude or joking way to them, they dont know a lot since they are new, just tell them “yeah development is like that because of small dev team and also because of x y z…” rather than saying stuff like that for stuff you know and expect others to know when they are new and probably dont.
mini rant over

also for community condos will a PVP type region be possible, im sure i heard that you plan for place-able regions so people can only build in certain areas, but i think it will be cool to make a death pit where player could maybe go into to kill each other, and also with that areas that change peoples permissions like you can use any items anywhere, but if anyone walks into a region it disables jet packs and item use?

9 Likes

It really wasn’t to be rude. Also, pretty much everyone knows that games are really tricky and time consuming to make. Rome wasn’t built in a day, nor was gmod tower. If he’s new, welcome! Hope you enjoy the game but please be a little bit patient the dev team is incredibly small. Besides, I know nobody said it, I actually said in BOLD, what Lani said reminded me of people in other games COUGH Fortnite COUGH. I never said that Simon meant this or was directed in this way. Sorry if I worded my post wrong, I really don’t think he meant it in such a toxic way.

1 Like

regardless if it was rude/ offensive or not, slamming down new players at the forums will often put them off coming back, I’ve seen it plenty before.

1 Like

Just don’t try to create a safe space too hard. If it’s trolls who don’t want to understand how videogame development works, they shouldn’t feel welcome.

1 Like

Even in the cases where people might be trolling, you still have to remember that the threads will be seen by people visiting the forums. It’s not more difficult to calmly explain something versus getting toxic and one looks a lot better to future players.

Also if someone was trolling then that means they want you to get mad and angry at them. Dont feed the trolls is sound advice for this.

3 Likes

Thank you, this needs to be a PSA for every forum on the internet:
Consider what you post. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

2 Likes

So this kinda means that custom ball race maps are gonna be more available
love it :grinning:

I wasn’t talking about getting toxic, just didn’t see a need to roll out a red carpet for people who obviously can’t read. But I guess I had a hypothetical scenario in mind where the discussion went on which doesn’t apply here.

In what way?

https://trello.com/c/n0dVeOUH/371-future-workshop-support
on this it will allow you to literally make maps for the game modes that you can play in them, rather than hosting a condo where people need to have the milestones to play them

Would love for an update from the Devs on Community condos, had a look around an can’t see any dates since Nov 13, 2018 at 2:53 AM on the trello,

Just a ballpark would be good, as I’ve about 100 hours in the game, and I’m thinking about taking a hiatus from the game until they’re ready as I’ve done about all I can on my condo that I can handle solo :slight_smile:

I’m not upset, nor do I want to you to rush. But I’d love a time-frame so I could know when to check back in.

i’m gonna go out on a limb and say you’ll be out on hiatus longer than you think

2 Likes

Things have been on hold due to Fishing and Arcade. Since Fishing is done our main focus as been on Arcade. Unfortunately we can only focus on one thing at a time. I do know that we’ve gotten a lot done with it and mainly a lot of work has been for the backend (which community condos definitely need). Hopefully towards the end of Arcade development it can be picked back up.

17 Likes

I’m moving that discussion elsewhere as it’s very off topic for this thread. Don’t continue the conversation here, thanks.

Moved to here: Concerns About Community Condos

12 Likes