An Update on the Status of GMod Tower: Reunion and GMod Tower Source Code

This amount of time is totally unknown.

When all the planned features and optimizations are done (except the Post Early Access stuff you see on the Roadmap)
(edited)

so basically never considering how much stuff is on the roadmap :confused:

1 Like

My guess has always been the end of 2022. And that’s a genuine guess.

1 Like

guess thats just more reason to not wait and do it myself then :expressionless:

Im not a developer, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. My guess is as good as anyones that doesn’t work on the game.

I’m very satisfied with this decision. I thought that one month was kind of short, so the fact that we can pull atleast a good year (I would think) gives a lot of potential to make some new memories in a game we all care about. Good work Pixeltail!

Hello, 69th like here!
You guys take as long as you need. If anyone gives you hassle, they’re not worth your time. To most of us, we don’t understand how to make a game or run a server as big as GMT but I can imagine it is incredibly hard
Take your time on this. There’s no rush

8 Likes

Hey would I be able to get the second day release of Tower 2. Im doing some research on old gmod weird myths.

It is indeed incredibly hard, they are basically having to port the lobby 2 codebase to lobby 1 as they do not have access to the original lobby 1 code, which means they are probably having to rewrite alot of code. I can see why it is taking so long now.

1 Like

Ugh, I really hate doing this, but I can’t help myself (I guess all of this is going to be deleted anyways).

It doesn’t matter if it’s leaked. Non-official servers will be taken down (Like they have been before).

I just assumed the devs would stop taking servers down since they’re planning on releasing the source code anyway and they’ve gotten a lot of hate in the past from taking GMT servers down.

1 Like

Fair, I suppose, but they’re not releasing it for probably a few years, so it’d be odd to leave it be when there’s an official server running.

Plus, what’s the point if an official server will be running for years anyways?

Eh, it’s all just an annoying mess.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.