Allow host to kick players from their game

So I was playing a game and this guy knew a bug in the map and glitched out of the map and we couldnt get him because of it. I was host but I couldn’t kick him. I beleive that a kick option is needed.

We have internal ideas for this.

Our idea is that servers created from the menu will allow the host to kick people, since they are the expected rulers of that server.

However, servers that are created from lobby servers will not allow the host to kick people, since there is no real ownership of that server on the person hosting that server at that given time.

13 Likes

That’s sounds pretty pointless to be honest. All the more reason to never use the gameworld ports and just use the menu instead. Why not just implement vote-to-kick? Makes way more sense.

3 Likes

Servers created from lobby will have vote to kick.
People are actually more likely to use a lobby to host that way no one is admin.
So it would be the reverse of what you said.

3 Likes

Caboose literally just said the opposite.

[quote]
servers created from the menu will allow the host to kick people
servers that are created from lobby servers will not allow the host to kick people[/quote]

1 Like

oh wow amazing :confused: Considering I really didn’t

I was disagreeing with this statement.

Ok fair enough, but I was referring to you saying that lobby servers will have vote to kick. They wont.

I didn’t say that

Also whenever i choose a map for a mode in lobby, and it lands on mine (and no one likes it)
the host just cancels the game. ugh what if it made it so it would pass on host to the next lowest ping person?

This is called host migration and has been suggested many times on these forums. If you search around, we’ve stated multiple times that this is something that’s super easier said than done.

Direct quote from you

Listen man I don’t care anymore stop replying to a thread just because you want to be right.
I’m muting this discussion now.

Honestly,
The kick function should be prioritized higher. Just the last couple of days, I have been hosting some games on/off to find new players to play with in Europe, and since I have a good/high connection, a lot of people started to join in. But every 4-5 games, sometimes one person joins in and starts screaming in their mic, goes afk, does everything they can to waste time so rounds take forever (this is mainly in minigolf), and that really makes me wanna not host any games with other than my friends.

I vote big time for this.

Kicking players also can be abused if the host is not winning or wants to discriminate.

What Caboose initially said is still true. We are considering the feature for hosts, just not from Lobby.

3 Likes

Make it a votekick then. Then the host can’t abuse it. Minigolf use to be my favorite gameworlds back in Gmod tower but now I rarely play it because it’s filled with so many trolls. We need to be able to kick them.

2 Likes

This I’m having a hard time understanding.
It’s the host who owns the game, he or she should be the one who decides whether or not they’d want someone in their game.

But, maybe you could add a good/bad rating at game end, letting players rate the host, maybe even with specific reasons after the rating, which should be a unique vote, meaning only 1 per person so it wouldn’t be abused. And then when a player is hosting a game, the rating could appear with the map/game name, as well as the most rated reason. That way people would hopefully try to avoid being a bad host.

I hope it made sense, hard to write on my phone.

1 Like

Please no.
I don’t want to get kicked for killing the game’s host. Mute exists for a reason.

Except that mute exists for a different reason. If you mute someone, it doesn’t prevent them from trolling, camping, being a bad sport, and ruining the game for everyone.

1 Like

I actually wanna kick somebody who’s a bad sport and just came here to troll. It shouldn’t hinder me to do so, just because of one abuse reason.

A kicking function is needed. If you don’t like the idea of a host having that power, Host Your Own Game.

1 Like

How? The only example of this I can think of would be stalling minigolf/ballrace, which could be prevented with its own unique system (decreasing level timers if you consistently fail to finish/fail the level by the time they tick down, for example).

But… wouldn’t everyone then want to host their own servers, just in case the host they end up with happens to be a dick?

But still, a votekick function would be sweet.