AFK Idle animation

So I came up with same idea as Forza Horizon or GTA 5 afk idle thing.

If you are afk enough in games like that, there will be camera animation that showcasing car/character and sometimes even breaks every canon and character just screams to your camera.

And I think, this is good idea to make camera animation showcasing other players/locations hanging out nearby to your character, when you are afk. (of course, with a setting to disable this)

I don’t think it is that hard to make, just camera in random position from your character with high fov following players smoothly.

Animations also could be done in special built in paths for plaza/condo, if its really hard to make it dynamic. (with camera volume support)

I’m thinking for an AFK Idle animation like a sleepy head :sleepy: :thinking:

1 Like

I’m not too sure if this is a good idea. I can see it getting annoying to multiple people quickly, especially if the AFK detection time for this to trigger is short and if it was on by default. If this were to be implemented for people who want it, it would be better if it was turned off by default. It’s still a very interesting idea though, just not enough for my vote due to mentioned possible annoyance and confusion in players who go away randomly for a moment and come back to be lost where in the world has their character gone.

1 Like

I mean, AFK idle is already takes 120 seconds. Animation appears after AFK start in my idea
It also could have setting of course, and text that warns you about being afk in animation.

I see what you mean, yeah. 2 minutes sounds decently okay, though could be increased to 3. Still, the most important part for this would be a toggle. I’m not against the idea itself, just that users/players have a choice whether to have this as an option or not that they wish to play with. But hey, thanks for an interesting suggestion thread anyway!

1 Like