Adjustable fly speed while in condo edit mode

Small suggestion, but would be a great QOL change. In the UE4 editor, you can use the scroll wheel up or down to increase/decrease your movement speed while flying around in the viewport. I suggest a feature similar to this so that you don’t need to spend forever flying around when working on a large condo (or the opposite, for working on something very small).
To make sure it doesn’t conflict while messing with a UI element or changing a setting, it should probably only affect movement speed while you’re actively moving. In that case it’d make adjusting the movement speed while scrolling down your inventory, for example, less likely.

Yes please!!

My issue with this suggestion is that on the smooth dirt, for example, you get an achievement from reaching the side of the map. With this, in theory, you can get to the side of the map in seconds. Maybe if it had a restriction of how fast you can fly, maybe, but still. Other than that, great suggestion!

1 Like

There would definitely need to be a movement limit speed. I don’t see any case where moving that fast would be necessary. Maybe the max could be something like 5x current speed?

Also, at least for the edge achievement, you can earn it very quickly using teleporters by setting the coordinates really far away. Flying would be much slower than using the teleport method.

Ah yeah. Didn’t think about that. Well, still if you’re one of those players who don’t buy things and you don’t want to buy the teleporter, I suppose flying would be a better method. It would probably vary between different players. However, you’re correct, a limit would be there before being anywhere near fast enough to get to the end of the map in seconds. You don’t really get a sense of scale for the map until you try and fly to the far side of the map.