Accelerate should earn units every lap

Compared to the other mini games, bowling, golf, and ball race for example, every round you earn points in there. its easy to get a lot of units really fast from these games but accelerate, not so much. I think that if you earned unit based on your time each lap could be good, or even a set amount of units for lapping on a course. It’d at least raise the appeal of the game, as its one of the games I don’t see a lot of people playing.

In my last playthrough since a long time ago, there are shortcuts in every maps that you can cross it can earn you units if I hit me from wrong.

I visited some of these shortcuts in my last playthrough that are still “Indev” from the Tower Unite developers.

I think it depends on what place you finished in the race with other people. TL;DR I couldn’t remember the payout >.<

I mean, yeah, there are shortcuts that give you units. The issue is, the way Accelerate is set up currently is very unappealing to a lot of people, including myself and the OP. It just doesn’t work well. In my opinion, this should be changed so that shortcuts give you for example 2,000 units per each time you go through them but lapping the course normally could be like 200 units per each time. I do not understand why or how, with proper scaling of payouts, doing this could be a bad idea in any way at all. It would serve to really improve the replayability of Accelerate. Also, to OP: You should request moderation team to move the topic to Accelerate Beta Suggestions, as that’s where your suggestion belongs.

The unit paths usually aren’t shorter and also don’t function yet.

Getting a payout for each lap could maybe be a slight incentive to play the longer tracks. Sometimes the event coin (Ghoul Coin, Holiday Coin, Anniversary Coin) time windows are 4 minutes, and if you’re going at a leisurely pace on some of the courses like Riptide and Holly Jolly you could probably take longer than one of those time slots which could cause you to miss out on a potential coin. And then if you’re otherwise strapped for time you could still get a few units out of a longer track if you have to D/C midway through.

I think maybe a set amount but if you’re in first, second, or third you get a slight bonus for each. So if you’re doing good all match in first place but get obliterated at the end, at least you still get a little something extra.

Also, because I can, I did the moving to Accelerate Beta Suggestions bit.

3 Likes

I think maybe a set amount but if you’re in first, second, or third you get a slight bonus for each. So if you’re doing good all match in first place but get obliterated at the end, at least you still get a little something extra.

I do think that this is the best way to do this so far.

1 Like