About flippy praise

a suggestion for the flippy praise in the game. alot of people praise flippy as either a joke or 100% serious. i believe anyone who praises him should have the equal fate that flippy has encountered because flippy is influenced by these people to do more of this. so they are the problem and have equal affect to the community, thanks for reading this. and do so or not, just a suggestion, love your work on the game

Not to mention the chat just becomes nothing but mentions of him and just noise that ruins a server’s chat log for people just trying to hang out.

It’s just a whole mess, even to those unfamiliar with his and his groups’ toxic doings.

1 Like

not to mention x2 that flippy has the mentallity of a child which makes it easier for him to be influenced, people say stuff like him being their father or husband, and that he is a furry, flippy is none of these things because its disgusting

1 Like

I’ve been completely baffled about who or what this whole flippy thing is. Anyone care to explain?

Also, I’m not sure what the suggestion is meant to be but, I don’t think this is exactly a suggestion for the game itself. Should probably be moved to Off-topic.

2 Likes

Wild speech impediment, generally rude, has on multiple occasions dropped slurs in voice chat, is currently perma-banned from chat:

Previously I assumed any praise was just to get some kind of reaction out of it because he’d always fall for bait like that–but now that he’s banned idk the outcome people are expecting. It’s always given me the vibes of someone bullying someone who is too socially inept to realize they’re being bullied and then they start being an ass back and then it’s a sorta cycle that’s annoying to be on the sidelines of. One time I joined and the center fountain had like 10-15 people crowded around and someone was acting as his lawyer and Flippy was repeatedly telling them to “fuck off” (think of that as his catchphrase). On other occasions it’s just been him running away while people chase and seemingly harass him?

cus like, people influenced him to do these things, he has a caretaker cus he isnt as bright as most people. and people want him unmuted so they can influence him more.

Seeing both Flippy’s reaction in Discord is primarily the reason why people still praise and even talk about Flippy to this day.

It’s kind of a double-edged sword since it really comes from what boils down to just bullying. Yet at the same time, Flippy has made actual friends in this game. While I don’t necessarily think Flippy should be unmuted (yet), I do think that some of Flippy’s praise is really genuine and is actually the byproduct of seeing his honest self as well.

In a voice call, I had heard him express genuine despair with how Tower Unite is one of the only games he has to go on, but he gets tired of how people are constantly always trying to get underneath skin even after he got muted. I don’t know about you or anyone else in this thread, but I think Flippy on his own is far less more harmless than the people who genuinely bully him.

If praising a man who doesn’t have much in his life, glows up like a lightbulb when he is having fun playing in Tower Unite (which is seldom rare to see), and has nearly cried talking about his experience being bullied in Tower Unite means getting permanently muted on Tower Unite, I’d be more than happy to take a permanent mute then.

It’s a stretch to say that Flippy has any influence over anyone in this world outside of the people who bully him the majority of his time on Tower Unite, but I suppose that is a narrative one could easily assume without knowing too much of the iceberg.

3 Likes

never said flippy is influencing people i said people are influencing flippy

So you are saying that everyone who talks to flippy should be banned?

1 Like

This thread is rich coming from someone who’s been muted before for much worse than “having a speech impediment” in plaza :nail_care:

1 Like

no, whoever praises him and want him unmuted/think he is innocent/and believe that they are his lover

what? care to explain