A few issue with blender/workshop editor

To start off, i’m very new to blender and all this so it may be a super easy fix that i’m unaware of. The first issue is when I try to export my item from blender it shows this error.

The second issue is when I import the item into the workshop editor it changes it from the normal shape into this:

1 Like

Blender addon isn’t actively updated, so modern Blender versions aren’t supported. I personally use 3.2, but versions up to 3.4 have been said to work. If you have a .blend using a later version of Blender, opening the file with a lower version of the program, deleting the old armature, and then adding a new one should fix the issue.

If that doesn’t fix it, your specific issue with issue 1 seems to be material-related, so make sure you’re using a Principled BDSF material with an image texture node attached to the Base Color slot (and possibly a Normal Map node with an image texture node attached to the normal map slot. Not sure what issue it’d be otherwise.

As for the second issue, can’t really tell what the issue is without knowing what the “normal shape” in Blender is.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I lowered the version down to 3.2 and checked if all of the materials were set to principled BSDF, The error seems to only show up when I exported it through the tower unite .dae button in blender which I now think is only for playermodels and not items? Once I put it into tower unite again it seemed to fix the issue with the shape being messed up, it is normally supposed to be a cube with the ctrl + 3 option, I guess all of it was an issue with the version besides the materials.