“A factiod is what?” (needs fixing)

There is an issue or two with the question above. One, the spelling error (should be “factoid,” not factiod). Two, almost all of answers to this question could be considered correct. It’s not a matter of generally knowing what the definition of factoid is, but rather the exact definition.
The answers are as follows:
A: A falsehood
B: A tiny fact
C: A scientific figure
D: Useless trivia

As the image shows, the Merriam-Webster definition would allow A, B, and D to be considered answers, though D is a bit more of a stretch than the other two.

1 Like

Seems this still wasn’t fixed. I just saw this question as well in my app. Guess we can’t expect too much because it is a free database but I think there should be a report option for questions or some manner to review previously verified questions. How should I assume there aren’t many other errors in the database?

All approved questions are carefully vetted by a human. We research the question for the correct answer and we also have our users provide a source to their questions.

We also immediately fix errors that might have gotten through from people’s posts on the forum. This question post is over 6 months old so it just might have just not been seen or the question didn’t need changing.

1 Like

This question has been removed.

It appears it has not. I just got this question via the Dank Memer bot today. As the initial post states, it is open to multiple choices and I picked an “incorrect” one.

That bot must be using a cached version of our database.

It’s not in our database anymore.

1 Like

Oh ok. Thanks for the response!